Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

Need some advice for a Ruger Blackhawk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 AM
GNERGY

Re: Need some advice for a Ruger Blackhawk

A friend of mine had his gun done by Bob Munden and he said the work was flawless. Some day he is getting my super redhawk.
Bob Munden - The Fastest Gun Who Ever Lived, Munden Enterprises, Fast Draw, Six-Gun Magic, Custom Gun Work, shooting videos, dvds, School of the Fast Gun, history of fast draw, appearances

Tarey
Old 06-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: Need some advice for a Ruger Blackhawk

I have had a bunch of these in all flavors. I prefer to have the bisley plow handle on my Blackhawks, course when I was into these, this idea was non existant and the factory said it could not be done.

Well you guessed it, I did it. Here was one of my best setups for hunting, I bought a new SS 10 1/2" super blackhawk and sent it to larry kelly and had him do a partial predator pack. on the gun, forcing cone, cut down the barrel 8 3/38", 4 mag-na-port and TSOB scope mount, then off to Bob Munden to have all the internals worked on, timing, trigger etc. This was one of the finest pistols I had ever owned and I had a Freedom Arms Premier Grade 454 and liked my franken pistol much better.

Good luck
Oso