close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

Reply

need advice/opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:54 PM
asa asa is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 73
need advice/opinions

I have a remington model 600 action that I was thinking of building a handgun from , I live in canada where we can not hunt with a handgun so it would be target shooting only also in canada you can only shoot handguns at registered ranges. The range I belong to has a max of 550 yards. I was thinking about a 6br, what ever I build rifle or handgun I will have Joel Russo build me a stock. I have your regular handcuns 44 mag , 40 s.w. 22lr but never had one like a xp 100 style. like I said open to opinions and advice thanks
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 09-29-2010, 07:07 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: somewhere in ky
    Posts: 269
    Re: need advice/opinions

    Probably want to got to Specialty pistols and then get your visa out.
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 09-29-2010, 11:46 PM
    asa asa is offline
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 73
    Re: need advice/opinions

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bfr4570 View Post
    Probably want to got to Specialty pistols and then get your visa out.
    thanks I never heard of specialty pistols before , I assume its in the u.s.a. I dont think I want a pistol that bad as trying to import it into canada what be a nightmare. thanks for the suggestion anyway.I have the model 600 action already so the pistol was just a thought for something different if it does not work out I will build a rifle instead.
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
    SPONSOR
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: Wyoming
    Posts: 2,816
    Re: need advice/opinions

    Can you convert a rifle action into a handgun in Canada?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asa View Post
    I have a remington model 600 action that I was thinking of building a handgun from , I live in canada where we can not hunt with a handgun so it would be target shooting only also in canada you can only shoot handguns at registered ranges. The range I belong to has a max of 550 yards. I was thinking about a 6br, what ever I build rifle or handgun I will have Joel Russo build me a stock. I have your regular handcuns 44 mag , 40 s.w. 22lr but never had one like a xp 100 style. like I said open to opinions and advice thanks
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
    asa asa is offline
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 73
    Re: need advice/opinions

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Can you convert a rifle action into a handgun in Canada?
    I am in the process of looking into that as we speak. thanks
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
    asa asa is offline
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Posts: 73
    Re: need advice/opinions

    I have another question if I was to build a 6mmbr off this 600 rem action , what length of barrel would I need .thanks
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: somewhere in ky
    Posts: 269
    Re: need advice/opinions

    If your talking for rifle. The longest gun I got is 16". Shoots 6mmBr pretty good. Cant help on rifle.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: need advice/opinions
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Hi Everybody! I'm here looking for Rangefinder Advice/Opinions Via Sierra Member Introductions 2 05-09-2011 10:25 AM
    Scope Advice and Opinions jasonprox700 Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 4 06-30-2010 10:41 PM
    I'm stumped....please give advice/opinions trevor73402 Reloading 7 11-18-2009 02:17 PM
    Just wanted to get some advice and opinions. trevor73402 Long Range Hunting & Shooting 8 11-10-2009 03:26 PM
    Advice Sought (Proffesional Opinions Only Please) Mizushobai The Basics, Starting Out 3 01-20-2003 08:53 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC