close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

Longest Handgun Kill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Bronze Member

Hi there,hunlee here
Hunlee not post here for a few day but now have returned.Maybee someday hunlee will allso be able to shoot animal out at long range but first must practice with new long ranger.New 7-30 water barrel now cut off with nice new crown on the end,gunsmith do good job.Hunlee impressed with long distance shooting on game animal

hunlee
    Unread 02-19-2008, 09:48 PM
    Silver Member

You guys are good. My longest HG shot was about 30 yards. I shot the first doe and a second one just stood there. So I shot that one as well. I made good clean shots but then again who wouldn't at 30 yards. I have a long ways to go to catch up with the wonderful shots you guys have been making.

Keep up the great shooting.

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
    Bronze Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
    You guys are good. My longest HG shot was about 30 yards. I shot the first doe and a second one just stood there. So I shot that one as well. I made good clean shots but then again who wouldn't at 30 yards. I have a long ways to go to catch up with the wonderful shots you guys have been making.

Keep up the great shooting.
    hunlee will Keep on shooting animal at close range if possable but going to work on being a long range man.Allways better to be responsable hunter and kill animal at close range that shoot along way out and only wound animal.Hunlee is sure you will never hear about animal that get away when shooting out at long range.Dont get hunlee rong about this,if practice to shoot out at long range that ok with hunlee,but bad hit on animal will happen.Me new 7-30 water barrel will be setup very soon with new Burris 3-12x power and with practice deer can be killed farther out that when shooting 375 Windchester.You understand what hunlee is saying?

hunlee
    Unread 02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
    Silver Member

Hunlee,

Get that gun setup and start shooting it. I dont know much about a 7-30 so let me know how it works. I bet it will be great.

Shoot straight!!
    Unread 02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
    Silver Member

I haven't really made any long-range shots with a handgun, as compared to some on this site.

I mainly hunt with a handgun in my home state of MS, in heavily timbered terrain. I use a TC Contender with either a 309JDJ w/a red-dot scope or a 375JDJ w/a 2-7x Nikon.

I have taken two whitetail bucks with the 309. The first was a 120's 8pt @ 45yds, he was quartering towards my treestand at a good pace. I picked out an opening and brought him to a screeching halt.(Never would have hit him without the red-dot)

The second buck was a 137" 10pt @ 80yds. Once again I was in a treestand and he came crusing down a trail checking for a hot doe. I never tried to make him stop, I just put the dot behind the shoulder and dropped the hammer.
    Unread 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM
    Bronze Member

Good job shooting them deer hunlee impressed
    Hunlee allso like shooting deer up close,closer the better in mind of hunlee.
    A good long ranger has it place though and hunlee now has a long ranger

hunlee
    Unread 02-22-2008, 09:32 AM
    Bronze Member

3-12x power has come to hunlee

Yesterday in mail new Burris 3-12x power has come to hunlee.After opening package up hunlee discover no scope ring for scope in package,now how is hunlee to mount new scope on 7-30 water barrel?Going to call around and get some very soon.Burris 3-12x power is very nice looking out from window of Hunlee house.Allos realy like the billistic plex in there,going to take hunlee some getting use to.

Many nice thing has come to hunlee.Life is good

hunlee