Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

Longest Handgun Kill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: Longest Handgun Kill

Let's see how the MOA 7WSM is before I go visit Mr. M;)
Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7STDUBBERU View Post
Let's see how the MOA 7WSM is before I go visit Mr. M;)
The function of the MOA is different enough that it takes some to get used to. I would also say it is slower reloading than a bolt rig.
having said that, both my MOA's and all of the barrels that have been fitted to them, have shot excellent.

Another thing about the MOA it is easy to take it from a lightweight rig to a heavy weight one. At least much easier and cheaper than to do than with a bolt rig.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Silver Member

Sure was some nice shooting!!
Had another great time, sure wish we could have all been there at the same time.
I was very happy with my MOA and the 168g SMK's sure worked great!
Got to spend some time at Rich's and picked up another scope base. We saw why he got a little behind in work but his finger is healing up now. It sure looked painful.
Matt and I are looking at getting his new 10/22 line of products once they are ready for sale. Should be fun to shoot.
Matt kinda told Rich we would be there for the shoot next year and I'll bet Ryan will be there too. ;-)

Mike
Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 PM
PUBLISHER

Mike, how did you do out there. Sorry I missed you. We should hunt some yotes in WI this winter.

Now that Scott has made me LOOK like an expert.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Silver Member

Len I got a nice buck and had the best time hunting. It was great getting a new hunter, my son's friend, out there with us. It was his first time out west. He got a nice buck with his MOA in 243 and a doe too. My son had scope ring problems, they came loose, but still got a doe before the trouble. He didn't get a buck tag.
Yote hunting sounds great. Last season I felt so bad inviting someone along to go 'snowshoeing' with me. I think I will have some private land to hunt which should help.

BTW you sure have some great people on here. I got a flat and needed a new tire and Dave, 'jumpalot' came to the rescue and sent me to a buddy of his and got me a great deal on a tire and I was on my way in a half hour.
Dave was also very informative with some other areas to hunt for next year.

Mike
Old 10-08-2008, 02:00 AM
PUBLISHER

We have great people. My wife reads my LRH emails and she has been impressed for years with whom we have on board.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Bronze Member

That was a long poke Shawn, glad I was there to share it with you.
We always have a great adventure in Wyoming!!

I think for next year we will go for the 600+ mark!!