Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

Kirby.....RE: APS actions.....are handgun actions in the future??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Silver Member

Kirby.....RE: APS actions.....are handgun actions in the future??

Saw your mention of getting into making actions...so I have to ask!!

With XP's drying up and/or getting more expensive I was wondering if you will be making handgun actions for custom builds??
Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Kirby.....RE: APS actions.....are handgun actions in the future??

[ QUOTE ]
Saw your mention of getting into making actions...so I have to ask!!
With XP's drying up and/or getting more expensive I was wondering if you will be making handgun actions for custom builds??

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great Question [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Silver Member

[quoteWhat a great Question [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

First off will be the rifle receiver. I am going simple with this receiver as far as action lengths and everything. It is designed specifically to house my Allen Magnums and Allen Xpress rounds other then the ones based on the 408 CT case.

Once that is fully tested and available, I am thinking by end of June, I will be considering my next receiver project.

Yes, an XP type receiver has been thought about ALOT and it may happen. Just have to see how this first receiver goes and move on from there. The main problem with an XP type receiver is designing the trigger linkage system. Can not pick up replacement XP trigger systems just anywhere so that is a real consideration. The receivers would have to come set up with them. I believe Rifles Basix offers the actual sear housing, its the linkage and trigger that would need to be addressed.

We will see what this summer brings. I think it would be hugely successful with the XPs starting to dry up on the used market.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Silver Member

Have you looked at the linkage of the HS's? If you needed to I would be willing to send you one of mine to give you an idea of what they use.
nmhunter [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

Kirby, Mike Dewey and Dell Taylor both make replacement trigger and linkages for the XP actions.of course neither have a safety.when i built my bullpup,i used a rem long action and put the xp trigger assy on it with a different shoe and linkage that i had made.i've heard you and others say an xp trigger could be set up to work very well. mine breaks very clean at 1.34 lbs. and i'm very happy with it so far.if it doesn't work out i know i can use one of their replacement triggers as it is an exact replacement.the non-safety issue doesn't bother me much on a long range gun.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Silver Member

I'll second about Mike and Dell's triggers. I have one of each.