Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Specialty Handgun Hunting

Specialty Handgun Hunting Techniques For Specialty Handgun Hunting

Encore advice needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
When shooting off a rest make sure that the rest is as close to the trigger guard as possible
I'll pass that along for him to try next time he/we get out.

He doesn't reload but I have repeatedly told him to buy the dies and he can stop buy anytime he wants and we'll load him up some.

I doubt he's going to part with the funds to ship a pistol somewhere and back plus the use of an FFL and having the work done, he's just not that fond of the thing right now.

I've never done an Encore trigger(obviously) but have replaced four Savage triggers and tuned a few Remmingtons so I have a little exposure with triggers in general.

I'll poke around the link yotefever provided and see if I think I'm up to the task.

Appreciate all the responses, at least I can report back to him that all is not lost, there is hope. On the other hand oso has first dibs.

Chris
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Silver Member

to send your encore to have work done you don't need to send it to a ffl you send it to the person doing the work when he is done he sends it back to you i use usps 12 bucks prority mail plus insurance

all you need to go is send the frame hope this helps

JIM
Old 10-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
to send your encore to have work done you don't need to send it to a ffl you send it to the person doing the work when he is done he sends it back to you i use usps 12 bucks prority mail plus insurance

all you need to go is send the frame hope this helps
I saw that when looking around the site yotefever provided. Good info to have.

I also came to the conclusion that I can handle ordering the spring kit and doing things myself, It'll be a learning opprotunity..... or a chance to really screw things up, which in the end will still be a learning opprotunity just a little more expensive one.:eek:

Actuallty after studying an expanded parts diagram it looks like a pretty straight forward job swapping out the springs, don't know if I'll do any stoneing/honeing, guess I'll see how it turns out after the spring job.

Thanks for the help

Chris