Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

why powder ,bullets and brass are hard to find

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Silver Member

Re: why powder ,bullets and brass are hard to find

When I first read the report of 250,000 rounds per kill I just didn't understand that a huge percent of the shots were suppression fire.. The guys that were in the wars explained it. Now I know why that number is so high. I just couldn't figure out how our troops could shot at the enemy so many times and have such a low kill rate...I am not deleting my post...dgarrett
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Silver Member

Good answer!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Banned

I can see it now. " NO! We will not send in the gunships because we are within 30 rounds of being over our monthly round count!" "You guys have bayonets, don't you?"
Old 12-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Bronze Member

I think the shortage of components is easily explained. Six months ago, there was hardly any factory ammunition available on store shelves. Mass hoarding due to the fall out from the unfortunate events in Connecticut led to this. Manufacturers are currently putting a large amount of the components into production of factory ammo. Store shelves are finally getting restocked to acceptable levels. Just wait a few more months and the reloading components will reappear. It is starting...
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhooper View Post
I can see it now. " NO! We will not send in the gunships because we are within 30 rounds of being over our monthly round count!" "You guys have bayonets, don't you?"
Obviously you weren't around during the Carter years. That's exactly what happened.

BTW bayonets have been removed from units and soldiers are no longer taught the 'spirit of the bayonet'. According to the 'New Army' the bayonet has no place on the modern battlefield. But I'm sure all those North Koreans, Chinese and Russian folks have 'em and are being taught how to use them.

So no bullets and no bayonets.

And no gunships... ROE prevents killing of the enemy.

The 'demilitarization' of the US military continues in a quiet, covert, and surreptitious way.

DocB
CW3 USA (Ret)
1970-1995
Airborne, Ranger, LRRP

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Gold Member

Google "fire superiority".
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 12-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post

BTW bayonets have been removed from units and soldiers are no longer taught the 'spirit of the bayonet'. According to the 'New Army' the bayonet has no place on the modern battlefield.
Don't worry, the Marines still train with them and are still issued them. There is a whole part of the Marines Corps hand to hand fighting (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program - MCMAP) that is designated to fighting with a bayonet on a rifle and knife hand to hand fighting. So while the Army runs away the Marines will be fixing bayonets and pushing forward like always

Sorry, just had to throw some Marines vs. Army comments in there as I saw you were retired Army. I'm under 3 years from hitting my 20 in the Marine Corps

Win Model 70
7WSM
Work done by Jim See (Center Shot Rifles)