Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
What you say is POSSIBLE...but if it comes about....I bet it doesnt last more than 4 years...if you get my drift.

Things change quickly when laws are passed by presidential decree...and we only have 4 years to hold our breaths!
My commentis.......We went down this road last time and got the same turd. Is next time going to be any different? Will there be a next time?

Think about it....
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

My instinct is a regulatory system on ammunition is coming. I believe a major tax too, just like alcohol and cigarettes. If I'm right and this turns out how the federal and/or state government can downplay the cost of ownership, it will get worse. I see quite a few people selling their guns over the next year or so. But I also see a continuous increase in ammunition costs. If I'm right, later this year may be the time to stock up on the essentials for a few years. Too early to tell though, the country is broke now, great time to spring a new tax, liberals love to attack sins and hobbies and such, they'd easily get support. Economics are what they always use.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtube View Post
why the mad dash on reloading supplies? ... Perhaps some folk suspect our gobbermint is our worst enemy?

why would anyone think that? Bo and joe have assured us all they want is to add a few 'common sense' laws because our current laws don't seem to be controlling firearms crimes - you know, like the excellant way our current laws against murder, rape, thieft, drunk driving, school teachers screwing kids, illegal drugs, illegal immigration, robbery, mugging, etc keep things to a tiny few incidents.

so, we can all rest easy that when gobbermint passes enough gun laws to control gun crime they won't pass any more. Well, except maybe a few common sense laws to restrict who can have - or reload - some specific types of ammo; probably something as simple as outlawing shotshells, handgun or rifle ammo that eject projecticles with a muzzle velocity in excess of 30 fps... Just to keep our little kids reasonably safe, you know? I mean from any danger except union school teachers.
10 x
Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
My instinct is a regulatory system on ammunition is coming. I believe a major tax too, just like alcohol and cigarettes. If I'm right and this turns out how the federal and/or state government can downplay the cost of ownership, it will get worse. I see quite a few people selling their guns over the next year or so. But I also see a continuous increase in ammunition costs. If I'm right, later this year may be the time to stock up on the essentials for a few years. Too early to tell though, the country is broke now, great time to spring a new tax, liberals love to attack sins and hobbies and such, they'd easily get support. Economics are what they always use.
Could be might be. If it goes that far. By the looks of things and the furry of regulations coming from a bunch of states, tempers are getting short and thats not good.

I just ordered SMK's in 250 grain flavor tonite from Brownells with a 3 week wait. I had an inquiry at Natchez and they came in and went out before I could order, a whole 3 day spread.

The old play with the 22's cause they are cheap is looking better and better. Glad I have a 22 conversion for both my Kimbers....

The country will be more broke by the time the turd is through.....
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member

Ive got about 40,000 rounds of 22 LR ammo right now, and 5 guns that shoot 22 lr, i should be covered for a while.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Platinum Member

Riley..

I bet they all fit in a shoebox too.

If we could only reload rimfire..........
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Riley..

I bet they all fit in a shoebox too.

If we could only reload rimfire..........
When all the fired casing are melted into a block they fit in a shoe box

I wouldnt even bother reloading a rimfire, cheape enough already. Although having 1 lb of powder last 1500 rounds sounds nice.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755