Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcamp54 View Post
I was in Gander Mountain today to buy a new plinking pistol. The guy in front of me had just bought a shopping cart full of their entire stock of 9mm ammo. The 45 white box has almost doubled in price.
Gordon
The doubling in price is caused by all the people that have no clue on what the proposed ban covers. They seem to think the politicians are out to ban everything. If people would just relax and read up on the issue they would see that they are acting crazy and causing problems for all of us in the way of price gouging and depleted inventory.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster740 View Post
Do not take offense to my statement but I also replenished my supplies because I did not want to be in your shoes. Call me uneducated on the issues at hand, but I have what I need for one year of shooting with the exception of 230gr 308 Bergers, which will be here soon.

Good luck on your end of the battle
Hank
No offense taken.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

I hate it, and can't wait for people to calm down and the shelves get filled back up. I've been wanting to go do some target practice but haven't because I don't want to use up what I have not knowing if I'll be able to replenish my supplies.

BTW I've been in the Lexington Sportsmans and it's been bare since the election. Was the same in 2008, but after the school shooting it got worse.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Silver Member

It's worse now. They are completely out of powder and primers. They have some bullets, but none that I need.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies? ... Perhaps some folk suspect our gobbermint is our worst enemy?

Why would anyone think THAT? BO and Joe have assured us all they want is to add a few 'common sense' laws because our current laws don't seem to be controlling firearms crimes - you know, like the excellant way our current laws against murder, rape, thieft, drunk driving, school teachers screwing kids, illegal drugs, illegal immigration, robbery, mugging, etc keep things to a tiny few incidents.

So, we can all rest easy that when gobbermint passes enough gun laws to control gun crime they won't pass any more. Well, except maybe a few common sense laws to restrict who can have - or reload - some specific types of ammo; probably something as simple as outlawing shotshells, handgun or rifle ammo that eject projecticles with a muzzle velocity in excess of 30 fps... just to keep our little kids reasonably safe, you know? I mean from any danger except union school teachers.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Well I ain't worried about BO. He can't ban a weapon with executive order. He needs Congress and most politicos don't think a ban will pass. As far as restrictions on who can buy, well if you can't pass a background check then you probably shouldn't be buying a gun anyway.

This mad dash is tickin me off and I wish people would relax so I can get my damn supplies. Got a brand new TRG 42 on Thursday and I can't get supplies for loads.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

My issue is this.

Reloading, safe reloading is an exacting science, most of us on here kow that. With all the folks buying firearms and some not knowing which end of a cartridge goes where, there is bound to be some serious accidents caused by lack of knowledge. That brings me to reloading.

These folks have a learning curve to ascend and hopefully, the new reloaders don't get hurt, or worse.

I don't see a big run on the components I use but then I have plenty of supplies so I'm not in the market and I don't go out and shoot willy-nilly either plus in anticipation of any impending shortage, I loaded several thousand rounds of the calibers I ignite the most. Always good to lay in a supply prior to rather than after.....

Those 50 cal ammo cans I have aren't empty by a long shot.....

I know guys who go to the range and blow of a hundred or so rounds. Not me. I sight them in and put them away.

My good friend owns a gun shop and he's told me a couple times that he has people coming in that never owned a firearm before, buying them. The lack of factory ammo will lead to reloading but not without consequences I'm afraid.