Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Gold Member

Re: Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Shot View Post
Obama = Communism

Communism = empty shelves
Was in wally world last week (we got 5) to get a card for my new camera and looked down the ammo case to see how things were and it only had 1 box .243Win - 6 boxes of 7MMR and couple boxes of Shotgun shells. I bought the box of .243Win 100 gr. Feds cause they were only $18.xx and being a bean counter mentality I knew the next time I see them rounds they will be $19.xx or $2X.xx. Investment with no depreciation! The G.D. (4 yrs old) will thank me some day, if~n I live long enough. We were here just 4 years ago also-remember.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
It seems like bullet makers are barely able to keep up under the normal demand. I wonder what Henry Ford would do?
Ramp up production, hire more workers (jobs, what a concept) and make moonshine on the side...(Ford developed a method for distilling corn liquor during prohibition, he wanted to build a car to run on alcohol and what do we have now? Ethanol crap.... go figure.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Ramp up production, hire more workers (jobs, what a concept) and make moonshine on the side...(Ford developed a method for distilling corn liquor during prohibition, he wanted to build a car to run on alcohol and what do we have now? Ethanol crap.... go figure.
yup...but just one question, how much of the work is skilled labor? We have a lot of jobless with no skills right now. OTOH, they could get great PR by setting up their own training schools to give people the skills
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 PM

the problem is, if factory is running at max capacity and say a month behind demand what happens when they build a new factory 1/2 the size of the current one?

now they are 6+ months AHEAD of demand, more money in the red to build new facility and equip it, and faced with possibly having to lay workers off durring the "normal" periods between government focus on guns, so the only way to make ends meet is to increase the cost to the consumer

Ford had an ever expanding demand for his products, the demand for bullets is probably no where near the demand he had for cars and the number of shooters probably isn't growing due to the media, video games, urbanization, ect...
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Silver Member

Another piece of the puzzle is how QA tends to slip a bit... I will absolutely wait till things get quiet again before I go out and buy more stock...
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Silver Member

I agree.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
If you owned a factory, would you spend capital cost (new machines, new space, new hiring) to produce a product that might be banned? To produce a product that demand might fall through the floor on?

OTOH Why the <bleeeep> is everywhere out of 6mm Remington, 257 Bob and 7mm Mauser. Those are SUPER popular rounds