Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM

Re: Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

Will we ever be able to buy any reloading supplies for our AR 15's
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Bronze Member

You would have thought we would have learned our lesson over the primer shortages the shooters caused a few years ago, I often wonder if the shooting industry doesn't welcome these little shelf clearing and cleaning out old stock from time to time. WHY do we fall for this ploy every time, we are the ones causing it with our hoarding. What's that ole' quote from Barnum and Bailey, something about suckers!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Silver Member

I have been hearing from the store owners things are expected to calm down and supplies should start building around June/July of this year.

...but I did read this morning that Hillary is the current favorite for 2016.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in the Laurels View Post
You would have thought we would have learned our lesson over the primer shortages the shooters caused a few years ago, I often wonder if the shooting industry doesn't welcome these little shelf clearing and cleaning out old stock from time to time. WHY do we fall for this ploy every time, we are the ones causing it with our hoarding. What's that ole' quote from Barnum and Bailey, something about suckers!!
I don't call it hoarding to have a year or two in reserves in my basement. I call it the ability to shoot if the ammo market hiccups like it has at present. I call it the ability to eat if I've lost my job in the pathetic economy we have. I call it being a have who doesn't need to run around like an idiot trying to find something on the shelf that hasn't been cleared out. I believe it is as important to be able to feed your guns as it is to be able to own said guns. Firearms are simply expensive paperweights if you can't fire them.
You are at least somewhat correct about us causing this problem, at least when it comes to the tightwads who won't drop a dime unless they think they won't be able to get some later. Get your stuff when they are trying to unload it and not when they can't make enough. It reminds me of the fools who buy stocks on a bull market run and then foolishly sell when the market folds.

btw, a little loud with the large font and bold type my friend...
Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Silver Member

Somewhat caused by us, but you need to buy what you can.. the AR owners don't usually just by a couple boxes, they buy a couple cases a t least.. Its like cars, the more there are, the more you gotta feed 'em. Price goes up,, in retrospect, even if Obama's bill don't pass, the cost of supplies will keep going up, he may have put a crux on us indirectly by making ammo so expensive, and that's just base price, then you talk about taxing.?! ouch! I dont see an end to it, its like milk, bread, $2, $3, $4, $5 a gallon, etc. Getting strange outside!.. for sure.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

I bought a box of 25 pieces of .375 Weatherby brass by Norma for just less than $40 online. I tried to get 3 boxes but they notified me that they only had one and they ammended my order. I checked back and indeed now it says out of stock and expected date yada yada. I have been checking back several times a day for about 3 weeks. The price jumped today to over $85 and it is still out of stock!
Unbelievable.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
I have been hearing from the store owners things are expected to calm down and supplies should start building around June/July of this year.

...but I did read this morning that Hillary is the current favorite for 2016.
I can understand that. She's brainless.... an d he old man is Al Gore with curly hair... what could be more fitting for a Socialst government....

She's a shoe in....