Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

I just got back from Sportsmans Warehouse and the shelves are bare. Not even a damn box of primers. I don't get it. I can understand a run on ARs, but bullets, powder, and primers???
Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

Panic of the uncertanty

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Panic of the uncertanty
Exactly!!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Gold Member

Fear............. fear has become the ultimate tool of this government, fear of inadequate representation, fear of unconstitutional "laws", fear of executive action by a regime with no respect for the limits imposed on american government. Not unjustified fear but fear none the less. In this case fear of ammo shortages and or restrictions imposed. Hopefully this "run" on guns and ammo will help remind them, there are limits. Then again they may think pushing people into a corner and poking them is advantageous to there true end.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

I am pretty certain there will be zero impact to reloading supplies if some sort of ban passes. They are going after assault weapons not supplies. People hear ban and just go crazy on everything even items not even listed in pending legislation.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM

IMO it is get it while you certainly can. Bird in hand. I doubt there will be any bans on reloading supplies.
Now, there has been "background checks for ammo", the natural progression is "background checks on reloading supplies".
So, like I said.... just as simple as bird in the hand.
You will not lose money on the supplies.
Look at ammo prices .223, 5.45x39, etc....
Wags

Maybe this sums it up... As legal, law abiding Americans, a free people, we don't like to be watched, monitored, etc.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
Fear............. fear has become the ultimate tool of this government, fear of inadequate representation, fear of unconstitutional "laws", fear of executive action by a regime with no respect for the limits imposed on american government. Not unjustified fear but fear none the less. In this case fear of ammo shortages and or restrictions imposed. Hopefully this "run" on guns and ammo will help remind them, there are limits. Then again they may think pushing people into a corner and poking them is advantageous to there true end.
I agree with this statement +1100