Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Why do you reload cartridges?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Gold Member

Re: Why do you reload cartridges?

I love having an extra hobby, plus when you put a load that brings everything together perfectly it's really rewarding. It also saves me lots of money and at this point in my life it's the only way I can afford to shoot.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Silver Member

1) it's a way to save money

2) it allows me to shoot little ragged holes out to 100 yards with 5 shots

3) it allows me to shoot the best I can at longer ranges with that load for that rifel

4) it allows me to get out of the house from what ever it may be that makes me get out of the house.and yes my reloading room has a lock that I only have the key to.

5) most if not all factory ammo just want cut it for me.and I too hate to pay for the prices they ask for the same if not almost the same ammo I can make.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Silver Member

Because even though I look like the typical redneck, I'm a pocket-protector wearing, tape on the glasses, I can make anything better NERD at heart!

I just can't leave anything alone.....including cartridges.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Silver Member

I want the most accurate and effective loading for my rifles that I can get. I find one optimum load and bullet weight for each that I feel is the sweet spot and I don't mess with it. Why mess with perfection?

I also enjoy doing my own loads. I can shut the door to my MAN CAVE, no radio, no interrruption, and load for hours. I do it slowly and methodically and I really enjoy turning out my own cartridges for hunting and other uses. To me it also adds something special to each and every hunt knowing that I very carefully crafted the rounds that I am shooting to harvest these animals with. It really means something which factory loads would never provide.

That's my two cents worth! :0)
Old 12-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Johnboy +1 more or less, save money and satisfaction loading your own that will match..... or better factory loadings.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Bronze Member

I reload so I can have the most accurate loads for my rifle. I also shoot alot so it saves me big bucks. I enjoy the process of working up a load while reloading.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Bronze Member

I have several reasons, for the cost I reload and shoot my 22-250 alot and .33cents a round reload $1.10 around for cheep factory rounds, The ability to make loads that perform out of my rifles and pistols with speed and accuracy. and I like reloading its fun, I also load for alot of other calibers of rifle and several pistol calibers 10mm being one of them which is not a cheap round to buy factory loads.
Im a member of a sportsmans club with ranges close by and am able to test my loads right after I make them.