Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Where's the powder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Where's the powder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrice23 View Post
There is a lot of regular ass 7828 out there.
7828 and 7828 SSC are the same thing, the SSC is just "Super Short Cut" so it meters better out of auto-scales like the Chargemaster 1500 and others like that. They have the same exact properties and burn rates.

So, if you're hand-weighing your loads, regular 7828 will be perfectly fine.

I've also been told that's a pretty good powder for pretty much all of the 7mm calibers. And appears to be one of the most universal powders I've ever seen when studying through reloading manuals.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Silver Member

I bet guys are even using it in their (tricycles)
Old 10-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Silver Member

Cascabel, I was at Bruno Shooter Supply yesterday, saw 20+ pounds of H-1000. They are in the internet, but the hazmat charge is steep for shipping. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Silver Member

Thats why lester bruno has powder because no one wants to buy from him(inflated prices ,taking advantage of these hard times) powder valley nor natchez supply raised their prices!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thats why lester bruno has powder because no one wants to buy from him(inflated prices ,taking advantage of these hard times) powder valley nor natchez supply raised their prices!
I've found so much stuff I need from Natchez that nobody else has, but guess what....They won't ship to Alabama, because they have vendors here in my state, and those vendors like to rip everyone else off. It's bullsh*t that I can't buy from them.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Silver Member

Why wont they ship to alabama?

I have contact in SW tennessee his reloading supply shop is Sure Match in Savannah ill be more than happy to give you his # to call and see if he has got what you want. He runs a small mom and pop shop so hes not massively huge. But if your ever in that neck of the woods you can look him up . He is 45 min north of florence Al.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Why wont they ship to alabama?

I have contact in SW tennessee his reloading supply shop is Sure Match in Savannah ill be more than happy to give you his # to call and see if he has got what you want. He runs a small mom and pop shop so hes not massively huge. But if your ever in that neck of the woods you can look him up . He is 45 min north of florence Al.
I try to fish Lake Pickwick and the Wheeler Resevoirs atleast once a year...Unfortuantely this year I wasn't able to make it up there, but it's still not too late. Weather is just about right for smallmouth bass. Might have to take another trip up there soon.

My local store sells powder and supplies, but their prices are retarded. Varget has been $27.99-31.99 a lb since before all the SHTF. Berger bullets are between $41.99-59.99 a box (depending on caliber). It's quite rediculous, but they're 5 mins from my house...So I really can't complain about the fuel I save and no shipping or Hamat fees.

I was mainly talking about good deals on scopes and stuff like that. They tend to have alot of odd & end stuff that you won't find in your local GS. I guess I just need to have it all shipped to my buddy in North Florida, PayPal him the cash and have him ship it to me for a 2nd shipping charge.

Quote: