Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Where do you buy reloading equipment ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Silver Member

Where do you buy reloading equipment ?

I got my list together to buy a rock chukker suprem , and all dies comparator all my stuff , where is the best place to order from to get like free shipping ? I live I Texas so if I order from cabelas I have to pay Tax's so are there any other place with good prices ? Thanks sr
Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Where do you buy reloading equipment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog67 View Post
I got my list together to buy a rock chukker suprem , and all dies comparator all my stuff , where is the best place to order from to get like free shipping ? I live I Texas so if I order from cabelas I have to pay Tax's so are there any other place with good prices ? Thanks sr
I don't know about free shipping, but you avoid taxes if you buy on Ebay or any other out-of-state company.

Consider saving money by buying used. Seven of the nine presses on my bench were bought used, and they work just as good as brand new.

"An armed society is a polite society"--Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

"Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery...all else is twaddle!"--Admiral Sir John Fisher, RN
Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Bronze Member

Mine was acquired here and there, from new from the gunstore to used from shows and secondhand gunstores. I have not been following prices lately, but with gun sales up, I would think reloading equipment is up as well.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Silver Member

Certainly if you can find good used gear but not all of us can. I am sure there is plenty of gear older shooters or their families would like to see out of the house and some money in their pockets.

I have used Sinclair, Midway and Grafs. I am kind of tending toward Sinclair at this point because I can call them up, ask for a tech and get some answers when I have questions. Needless to say I do have questions. I have found Redding excellent to work with as well, their telephone techs have helped me a lot.

Don't let anyone kid you, metallic reloading done well has a steep learning curve.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

years back I used to buy a lot of stuff from the old "Lock, Stock & Barrel" company. Miss them a lot. Sinclair seems to have most anything I'd ever want, and if they don't I goto Natchez or Midsouth. There are some really good small companys that specialize in target shooting equipment, but do very little reloading stuff.
gary
Old 03-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member

Get your Curio & Relic license (a type of FFL license) and most of the companies listed above will give you dealer price.

Yes, you have to wait a couple of months for it to arrive but it's $35 that pays itself back many times over.

http://www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html

The Box O' Truth - Curio and Relic (C&R) Federal Firearms License (FLL)

No, I'll probably never buy a C&R weapon and use the license in that fashion, but that wasn't why I got it.