Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Where to buy 200gr Accubonds or 208gr AMAXs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Where to buy 200gr Accubonds or 208gr AMAXs?

The Nosler plant is doing fine. Ive been there in person to see for myself. I could swing by the pro shop and see if they have any 200gr Accubonds. Im going that way tomorrow if all goes well. If not it wont be till Tuesday, week after next. Lemme know if you want me to check it out for ya. They have most everything there from standard boxes of 50 to inexpensive "seconds" in most weights of most calibers. I personally have not tried the seconds, as I prefer thier standard boxes with identicle lott numbers etc.Well lemme know...........

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 08-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for all the info,

I appeciate the offer winmag, it's great to know there are people out there willing to give a guy a hand. I stopped by Cabela's today in Kansas City and sure enough, they had two boxes of the 200gr Accubonds left. This will give me a start and I should be able to develop a load. I was really wanting the AMAXs, but these I'm sure will do the trick. Still would like to get my hands on some AMAXs to compare the two. I have an older model Sendero that I'm waiting on a firing pin assembly to replace the J-lock feature. It's never been shot, so I'll do a barrel break -in with some factory core-lokt ammo my dad had no use for. I know the Sendero rifles have long throats and since this will be a hunting rifle i will make use of the magazine. Will the Accubonds perform fine with a longer jump? Thanks again for all the info.

SAPPER26
Old 08-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Silver Member

third generation shooting supply .com has the noslers, i just looked and they had eight boxes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPPER26 View Post
Thanks for all the info,

I appeciate the offer winmag, it's great to know there are people out there willing to give a guy a hand. I stopped by Cabela's today in Kansas City and sure enough, they had two boxes of the 200gr Accubonds left. This will give me a start and I should be able to develop a load. I was really wanting the AMAXs, but these I'm sure will do the trick. Still would like to get my hands on some AMAXs to compare the two. I have an older model Sendero that I'm waiting on a firing pin assembly to replace the J-lock feature. It's never been shot, so I'll do a barrel break -in with some factory core-lokt ammo my dad had no use for. I know the Sendero rifles have long throats and since this will be a hunting rifle i will make use of the magazine. Will the Accubonds perform fine with a longer jump? Thanks again for all the info.

SAPPER26
Tangent vs secant ogive maybe?? It has been my experience that NAB's have the ability to jump a ways, where as the AMAX's tend to be a bit more finnicky as far as seating depth goes. I have had the best luck so far .015 off the lands on the 3 WSM rifles I load with Accubonds. I like NAB's so well that Im figureing on working up a loads using Accubonds for my 300wby, 30-06, and 338win mag next. Doesnt get much easier than Accubonds so far.............

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

I recieved a TON of P.M.'s on this, but unfortunately I accidently erased all of them while ''managing my in box'' OOPS!
Factory seconds were about $12.50 per bag
No 200 gr NAB's 338 cal in stock at this time, however the 225gr NAB's were in stock.
Again I apologise for deleting the msgs. I got bombarded with P.M.'s and screwed up saving/and erasing them. But ya Factory seconds are always coming into the Nosler pro-shop.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, and sorry I lost the names of the people who wanted to know. I figured someone wouldve P.M.ed me again by now but no one has, so this is my attempt to answer you.