Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

The thread is closed

When to size 300 wsm brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

Re: When to size 300 wsm brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfseaman View Post
Very dangerous to recommend to ignore reloading manuals.

Do you load for 300WSM?

How old are you?
A bit out of context? Mike said not to go by the book OAL of the brass but rather find out the actual length of the chamber and adjust to that. Good advise IMO, and yes, I have loaded for the 300 WSM in case you are wondering.

Not sure how old Mike is, nor do I care. I do know he makes a valuable contribution to this forum. My advise to you is not to be so thinned skinned and move on.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
A bit out of context? Mike said not to go by the book OAL of the brass but rather find out the actual length of the chamber and adjust to that. Good advise IMO, and yes, I have loaded for the 300 WSM in case you are wondering.

Not sure how old Mike is, nor do I care. I do know he makes a valuable contribution to this forum. My advise to you is not to be so thinned skinned and move on.
I'm not being thin skinned but your comment of such makes me believe that your perception is that Mike attacked me first.

I'm trying to goad Mike into sticking his foot in his mouth. I don't believe in his contributions. He posts about calibers he does not have.

As for the neck length gauge link, is that what the poster was asking for?

In the donut thread, I find the physics behind his post that brass flows up the body, shoulder and into the neck from full length sizing contradictory to his position and bombastic attempt to shout me down over F/L vs N/S.

As for age. I'm pretty sure Mike has complete disrespect for everyone who is not has 'smart' as he is. To me, that is how he writes. I am 55 years old. I chose not to go into Nuclear Physics when offered in the Navy recruiting process. I was a software developer and development manager for decades. I have credentials beyond some young whipper snapper who is full of himself.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfseaman View Post
I'm not being thin skinned but your comment of such makes me believe that your perception is that Mike attacked me first.

I'm trying to goad Mike into sticking his foot in his mouth. I don't believe in his contributions. He posts about calibers he does not have.

As for the neck length gauge link, is that what the poster was asking for?

In the donut thread, I find the physics behind his post that brass flows up the body, shoulder and into the neck from full length sizing contradictory to his position and bombastic attempt to shout me down over F/L vs N/S.

As for age. I'm pretty sure Mike has complete disrespect for everyone who is not has 'smart' as he is. To me, that is how he writes. I am 55 years old. I chose not to go into Nuclear Physics when offered in the Navy recruiting process. I was a software developer and development manager for decades. I have credentials beyond some young whipper snapper who is full of himself.
Well I am 57 and Kirby Allen and Shawn Carlock are a heck of a lot younger than we are and have forgotten more about this game than you and I will ever know put together. So age really has nothing to do with it.

Why are you trying to goad anyone to put their foot in their mouth? That is a blatant violation of forum rules. If you think someone is throwing BS out there, then point it out and back yourself up with the facts. I do that more than I care to in these forums.

The neck gauge is a tool to help the OP accomplish his task. A very useful tool IMO. I don't use them, but I do think they can be very useful. So, IMO, the link was very germane to the subject.

You say that you are pretty sure that Mike has complete disrespect for bla bla bla. I say, don't try to get into someone else's head. Just stick to the facts. If you think someone has contradicted their self, then point it out with the facts.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
The thread is closed