Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

When reloading is banned..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member

When reloading is banned..

What am I gonna do when my reloading bench is put in the same category as a meth lab? When my components constitute an 'arsenal'?
Homeland security and the FBI know what I have(through CC purchases)...
So which completed guns will I let go of, and what becomes of the custom actions, barrel blanks, triggers, stocks, etc?
And the guns built for my son??

I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable about the unchecked powers surrounding me.
Guess it's the chatter, but I wonder if you guys have thought about it?

For me, it's not just investments in a hobby. It's also my delusion of power, and security. Without it??
Well, I might as well turn in my balls, and 'hope' for dignity in demise..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: When reloading is banned..

If this happens I'M moving to TEXAS
Old 04-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Silver Member

Then hunting season opens in DC
Old 04-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Bronze Member

Calm down guys - even in the UK where liberal pandering has been taken to an extreme we are not yet at the point where a bipod is considered a WMD!

You have the benefit of a Bill Of Rights protecting you and that is more than we have ever had! I appreciate that there has been a steady erosion of those rights over the past few years but you are still an eon away from what we have here. Obama has a few other things to worry about before he starts trying to disarm the American public.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigliss View Post
Calm down guys - even in the UK where liberal pandering has been taken to an extreme we are not yet at the point where a bipod is considered a WMD!

You have the benefit of a Bill Of Rights protecting you and that is more than we have ever had! I appreciate that there has been a steady erosion of those rights over the past few years but you are still an eon away from what we have here. Obama has a few other things to worry about before he starts trying to disarm the American public.
Being in a better position than the UK is cold comfort...

Obama is trying Obama Pushing Treaty To Ban Reloading
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
Being in a better position than the UK is cold comfort...
Agree - but it is comfort nonetheless. Even in a state where semi-auto rifles and all handguns are banned and you need a firearms license to buy primers and expanding bullets we have not reached the lunacy of trying to ban reloading.

This is a 'bit' of a stretch though:

First of all, when the treaty purports to ban the “illicit” manufacture of firearms, what does that mean?

1. “Illicit manufacturing” of firearms is defined as “assembly of firearms [or] ammunition ... without a license....”

Hence, reloading ammunition -- or putting together a lawful firearm from a kit -- is clearly “illicit manufacturing.”

Actually it is not clearly 'illicit manufacturing' and thinking through the practicalities of policing such a bill would make it unworkable (prohibition in the 1920's jumps to mind) and the impacts on those directly and indirectly involved in the relevant industries - at just such a time when the US needs jobs and economic stimulus....etc; etc.

The GOA is (rightly) trying to kill such rediculous measures before they even get the time of day....but it is a long way from becoming reality.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member

Sent e-mails to my esteemed MT Senators. I carry little faith in them. It's all I've got until I can vote against them again.

Steve