Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

What was your initial reason for getting into reloading?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Re: What was your initial reason for getting into reloading?

Initially, it was both economic reasons, as well as hobby. It was a good past time, and as far as that goes, it still is. However, then I learned that I could really fine tune the loads, and Taylor them to the gun, and not just the caliber. Reloading, or better yet, ( Hand- loading) , has became a art form to many of us, and in some ways is very specialized. The accuracy gains in factory ammo nowadays has came along way, but I will take my Handloads over them anyday. That's pretty much it in a nut shell. IMHO

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. 7STW.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Bronze Member

Re: What was your initial reason for getting into reloading?

Started out to be a money saver, which it is. After buying a 6.5x284, I was limited to factory ammo, which seemed restricting. Now that I'm reloading, I'm able to fine tune the loads to my rifles. Reloading has brought a whole aspect to shooting. I didn't want to just reload without understanding the whole aspect of ballistics, there is still a ton of that to do. This sight helps a pile. Thanks to all who post, I am learning a lot.