Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: what would you do?

I'd chuck them in a collet (on the lathe) and touch that with a countersink. That would remove it.

On bulk brass from any manufacturer, **** happens. Humans are only human after all.

It's fixable.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Silver Member

it's actually extra material that was pinched and compressed into the neck. I can get the microscope out again for an outside the neck pic of you'd like to see.

xdeano
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Silver Member

This won't just buff out. It's folded material. so the crease is all the way through the neck. The only way to get it out is to melt it. And that's above what I should do for the cost of this brass.

xdeano
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeano View Post
I'm not going to be the one who give a mfg a bad name. I'm a decent fellow and a lot of people read these forums.

Thanks guys,
xdeano
You are not giving the mfg a bad name. Their product speaks for itself and shows a lack of adequate quality control. Just my opinion but if 6 showed up out of 500 or 1000 I'm more forgiving. But not much more.

The company will gladly replace your brass you paid for. They need to know about the bad apples.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Bronze Member

You are right, now that I see what's on the outside they are unusable.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Gold Member

You're not doing yourself, your fellow shooters, or the manufacturer any good if you do nothing or try to repair the defective pieces. I'd send the bad ones back to the manufacturer with a note of when and where I bought them. Send the factory bag or box if you have it .

Let the manufacturer decide what to do. As a minimum i'd expect six good pieces of brass back but that's not the important part. It's that the manufacturer recognizes the problem. If they ignore you then go ahead and warn your fellow shooters who the manufacturer is. 6% defective is a real quality control problem.