Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

what say you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Re: what say you?

I use Redding dies for my 270wsm. I have a FL and neck sizer.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

I only neck-size my brass. I don't even own any FL sizing dies, except for my lever-actions and pistols.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Gold Member

The case head separation like in Mudrunner's pics can happen if you have the bulge above the case head or don't. If you look at his pics the case does not have the bulge like in your pics or mine.

You definitely have to worry about case head separations and I am not telling you not to worry about it, but they are much much more common in belted cases and in older calibers/rifles that have a lot of headspace. Typically (bad word sorta like "assume") in a modern UNBELTED bolt gun the headspace is close enough to specs that a case head separation is uncommon. That is why in all likelihood it is just a bulge and as long as your case chambers with little or no constriction then you should be OK.

IMO