Originally Posted by SaskShooter
For example- 70 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips pushed to 3400 FPS over a 40 grain charge of Varget give me all the flat trajectory and terminal oomph that I could ask for, but accuracy is JUST below MOA.
I don't want to assume anything but have you tried different seating depths to find the sweet spot for your set-up. It's not NBT but NAB but here's my experience off my SAKOM995 in .300 Win Mag:
(1) 70.5 H4831SC 200 NAB CCI250 @100 yards
(2) 71.0 H4831SC 200 NAB CCI250 @100 yards
(3) 71.5 H4831SC 200 NAB CCI250 @100 yards
(1) Is one of many .010-.020 off the lands is the best group.
(2) and (3) are touching the lands.
My chronograph calls for a min of 10 feet from the muzzle.
I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.
"I am always proud of my country!"
"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.