Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Ultrasonic Case cleaning under $65

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: Ultrasonic Case cleaning under $65

[ QUOTE ]
Flybuster , what's in the Citranox ? I'm guessing no Ammonia which workhardens Brass . Maybe Citric Acid ??? If so , any idea how it affects Brass ???

[/ QUOTE ]Phospate-free Citranox® contains a blend of organic acids, anionic and non-ionic surfactants and alkanolamines,what-ever that means.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
I tried a low power ultrasonic cleaner, and I was very disappointed. It cost about $125 and after several hours, the cases still had a lot of crud in the primer pockets.

I read the article on 6mmBR:

http://www.6mmbr.com/ultrasonic.html

And they throw some light on the chemicals that make the process work, so when I have the loose change to get a larger ultrasonic cleaner, I'll give it a try again.

Fly... if you are allergic to the walnut stuff, have you tried corn cob? I use it in my large Dillon and the cases look like they just came off a jewelers wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Paul, I think you got a bum US unit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Mine cost like 50$ shipped and is what I ran the tests with for the article...

Citranox works OK...haven't played with it a lot yet, but have tried it. Also working with another citric acid cleaner soon...

Jason

p.s.: thought you were going to shoot my smiley match [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Hey Jason, I just wanted to thank you for leading me in the direction of ultrasonic cleaning, that was a mighty fine article you wrote too.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Paul, I think you got a bum US unit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Mine cost like 50$ shipped and is what I ran the tests with for the article...

Citranox works OK...haven't played with it a lot yet, but have tried it. Also working with another citric acid cleaner soon...

Jason

p.s.: thought you were going to shoot my smiley match [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to shoot it... but for these last two years, I have been fighting a custody thing in court for my son, and I'm doing it myself (I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy).

I can't find enuff time to shoot it now, but the case is supposed to be over this summer. I spend 40 hours a week on this crapola - I'll never be able to do jury duty again. If the public knew how the courts worked from the insides, they would burn them to the ground and start over again.

LRH member #23
Old 04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks buster [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Paul, sorry to hear that. Wish you my best with that.

Jason