Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Turret Press

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Turret Press

I've never seen a Harrells but his powder measures are the best. I would think that something like the Harrells being kinda semi custom would probably be more accuratly made that an cast mass produced unit

I have a Forster Bonanza that I woulden't give up for anything and swapping dies coulden't be any easier. Loads very accurate ammo to
Old 06-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Silver Member

i'll second the forster bonanza,you let the rings locked in place for next time.but die height is limited,(long redding seaters)
Old 06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen a Harrells but his powder measures are the best. I would think that something like the Harrells being kinda semi custom would probably be more accuratly made that an cast mass produced unit

I have a Forster Bonanza that I woulden't give up for anything and swapping dies coulden't be any easier. Loads very accurate ammo to

[/ QUOTE ] The really neat things about the CO-AX press, the way my forearm is over the case while being primed (I always loved that), The auto shell holders ability to tear the head off the case leaving the case stuck in the die (sorta breaks the rhythm)I tried two of them over the years and don't have one now. The slip in die feature was OK, until you use the side set screw to lock the die in place.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Bronze Member

Keep the rockcrusher.
I have used turrents for ever.
And lyman Has the less.. issues the rcbs is Junk.
By that i mean i had to rework the head on the lyman by surface grinding.
I picked up the rcbs on the thought that I will set up and use it at the range, less die changes,
The rcbs press rocks on the center post .018" and case run out was terrible.
Anew center bolt and washer plus i filed .008"off the center post and run out is about.0015" on some stations, still not happy with it,
if some one make a better one harrel? Redding i would probably go with them.
[image][/image]
Old 06-26-2005, 01:55 PM
daveosok

Did you make the primer seater for the lee press on the far left?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Bronze Member

No, You can purchase the entire die with small and large primer seater the only thing you need is a shell holder rcbs, lyman will work.
The plastic trays and feed ramp is pretty chensy but it works.
The set screw is a modification of mine there are three so that the shell holder can be centered. I cross drilled the primer chute so i could insert a pin to stop the feed.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:09 PM
daveosok

So you pull the pin out to feed one primer push the pin back in a seat.
Good Idea, by the looks of things in your picture I'd say your a machinist or have something to do with the machinist career field, cutter tubes on the far right and numerous Starrett tools, the muzzle break and a few other key items all suggest this.
If so what program do you use or are you manual machinist? Do you have cnc equipment and all that?