Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Today's prices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Silver Member

Today's prices

Went to the gun store today to pick up a couple pounds of powder and a few primers. A couple weeks ago powder was about $25 a pound. Today it was $38, dang this hurts. Br4 primers were $65 a thousand and were $45 a couple weeks ago. Supply vs. Demand I guess. I'm just happy they had a few things still in stock.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: Today's prices

Sounds to me like the store you're shopping at is just trying to capitalize on the demand for products right now, and make some higher profit margins. Around here powder was around $23-24 per lb a month agao, and it was still the same price yesterday when I picked up some. This is in spite of them selling out and restocking about 3 times in that time period.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooterbr View Post
Sounds to me like the store you're shopping at is just trying to capitalize on the demand for products right now, and make some higher profit margins. Around here powder was around $23-24 per lb a month agao, and it was still the same price yesterday when I picked up some. This is in spite of them selling out and restocking about 3 times in that time period.
same here-- I'd look at other stores in your area-- the sales have disappeared here but the prices haven't done a moon shot. A few things have gone up a buck or so on a re-stock but that's it.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Gold Member

I gotta laugh...I had100 new Lapua brand 338 brass for sale. I paid 279.00 PLUS shipping from Sinclair. I see that EVERBODY had it on sale for 259.00 (+ frieght), but NOBODY had any in stock.....All were on backorder status. So, I advertised for 270.00 DELIVERED (a loss of 21.00) and GOT FLAMED over on another site because I wasn't the cheapest one out there!!! On the same fourm were 30 round clips advertised for QUADRUPLE thier normal price.

Sold it here with no complaints!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Silver Member

Yep,

I agree, the people around here are some of the best. Never had a problem and are always willing to help and share knowledge.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Silver Member

I saw 1000 210M for 79.99 and 5oo rounds of .22LR for 39.99.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member

I understand why the black rifles are disappearing and why the prices are going through the roof. I don't understand what's going on with ordinary components? The war machine has been downsized significantly and components previously needed to supply the military should be more readily available for the civilian sporting market.

What's up with all of the shortages and price hikes?