Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Thunblers Tumber, Stainless Media and Giraud Annealer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Gold Member

Re: Thunblers Tumber, Stainless Media and Giraud Annealer

I just bought a SSM tumbler last summer. It's one of the best things I've ever bought! I can't believe how clean it gets my brass. If I don't rinse my brass good enough I get water spots which drives me crazy. All in all, it's a great tumbler. Now I just need an annealer.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Bronze Member

Like the earlier posts I tumble with my SS media after decapping.... Very clean primer pockets and for drying I usually lay them out on paper towels..... Brass looks like new!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Gold Member

LRSickle,

I lived in UT for several years.

The spots are as likely from hard water as they are from contaminants removed from the brass.

Are you using the Lemi Shine?

I do rinse the brass thoroughly after the process.....and if i had hard water (household plumbing wise) I would induce hard water spotting.....
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.