Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Thunblers Tumber, Stainless Media and Giraud Annealer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold Member

Thunblers Tumber, Stainless Media and Giraud Annealer

It took me scrimping over the past 8 months but I purchased the Tumbler first which sat until winter and I finally bought the annealer as Christmas gift to myself.

Sat down to start the winter prep and reloading.

I am totally happy with this set up.

The brass are squeaky clean and the annealer works wonderfully.

Totally stoked to do the mundane tasks now. LOL

There are multiple ways to skin this cat, but if you are considering this set up, I give it 2 thumbs up!
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: Thunblers Tumber, Stainless Media and Giraud Annealer

do u use the lemi shine? if not how does the brass look without it?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Gold Member

I do use the lemi Shine.

My brass shines better than the off the shelf brass.

While researching the Tumbler and methods, I saw or read that the shine is enhanced by using it. If you choose not to do so, the brass will have a duller sheen supposedly.

I think it is basically a water softetner. Helps shed the water, soap and dirt/carbon debris.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Gold Member

Great purchases! If you like clean brass and primer pockets I think the Thumblers and stainless is about the most time saving piece of equipment I own. Brass is a bit more shine with Lemishine and it alleviates waters spots and tend to hold the shine longer. I love the clean primer pockets.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member

Do you guys tumble them before resizing and popping the old primer out?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Gold Member

I use a Lee Universal Decapping Die in a Forster Coax and deprime before case prep.

I run them through the Thumbler with SSM and they come out clean as a whistle including primer pockets.

The Annealer is easy to use and so I run them through that and then prep for loading.

I have only just started using this set up so I will full length resize and later this season will see about only neck sizing but I like the fact that the SSM cleans the inside of the brass completely as well as the primer pockets.

I would likely still clean after every firing even if I did not have the annealer. I just like clean brass....

the only minor irritant is that drying the brass. I currently lay it out on my reloading room floor and allow air dry and anneal the following day.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

I follow the exact procedure. Deprime with Lee or Redding decaper in a Forster press then tumble. Primer pockets are clean. Then dump each shell and run through media separators, I live in AZ so normally a couple hours outside laying on a towel and done. I don't anneal very ofter and use a Friends machine when doing so.