Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Swift Scirocco II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Silver Member

Re: Swift Scirocco II

98gr. of Retumbo,Remington Brass,Federal 215M.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Gold Member

I also know that these companies ABSOLUTELY read forums like this one, for endless feedback. I know they do because they told me so, as does Nosler and Speer, and Hornady.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK Nosler, How bout some 6mm Accubonds [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Silver Member

Just received this from Swift via email:

Scirocco II press release,

Swift Announces the “Next Generation……Scirocco II”

The Scirocco, announced in 1999, is one of the greatest innovations in hunting

bullets ever. Driven by determination and ingenuity, the folks at Swift created a product

with superior exterior ballistics and unparalleled terminal performance. Old-line bullet

companies rushed to follow Swift’s lead with attempts to duplicate the performance of

the original Scirocco.

Just as life is a process of continual improvement, the people at Swift

never accept the status quo, sign on to conventional wisdom or rest on their laurels. At

Swift, a desire to make the best possible bullet is the motivating force behind invention.

Now, Swift raises the bar even higher. The result is the “Next Generation……Scirocco II”. This new bullet retains the same sleek profile in and out. Load data remains exactly the same. Different is the overall performance with greater accuracy and dramatically advanced terminal expansion, shock and penetration. Nothing is as brutally tough with such a streamlined shape. Nothing out-performs a Scirocco II across an extreme range of velocities from 1700 to 3300 feet-per-second and more.
Time and experience pointed the way to dramatic advancements made possible with the latest technology, metallurgy and refined manufacturing process. The Scirocco II is better than anything out there, better than anything before. Touch and feel the difference, see the svelte finish and sharp lines. Witness the awesome advancement in performance.

I replied asking for more information such as what bullet tests have been done to come the original to the new bullet. Comparisons between other manufacturers bonded bullets. Whether they had addressed the fouling problem with better metalurgy. Whether they had addressed the so called "pancaking" expansion.

Anyway, the press release didn't do much for me...we will see what information we get on my other questions.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member

Anyone tried these yet?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Silver Member

With the original Scirocco I have experienced the "pancake" effect shooting whitetail deer with my .300 Weatherby. I'm not going to categorize the results as failures, but this is the first bullet I've used in about 25 years that did not exit on a whitetail deer shot in the ribs while standing broadside. In one instance the Scirocco flattened out almost completely and instead of penetrating in a straight path and exiting, it took a hard left turn and ended up destroying most of the right shoulder before lodging itself therein. I don't call it a failure, though, because the deer didn't go far, but I do prefer a bullet that gives a more predictable wound channel and complete penetration. I'll probably give the new ones a try and see if they really have been improved.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Bronze Member

Has anybody found were they sell them locally?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Direct from the source (Bill Hober)the new scirocco II's were originally packaged in the old boxes. The way to tell if you have got the new and improved version is if the lot # on the bottom of the box is a 3 digit code followed by an asterick (sp).

Hope that helps.