Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Supply Shortage?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Bronze Member

Supply Shortage?

I just go into reloading, well have been trying to find the things I want to start now for going on three months. I have been looking for Federal Match Magnum 215 primers and some Nosler or RWS brass for a long while now. I know there are other choices with these but I'm holding out because I really want to start with those primers and one of those brands of brass. I've been to the last two gun shows, every hunting/shooting store within 50 miles of here, and searched the web everyday looking for the primers but haven't have any luck. I have seen and few people selling RWS brass but I never catch them in time before they sell out. There is a fella selling some annealed RWS brass on another forum but I can fork out the $2 a case for it. Is there anywhere that you all would know were I could find these items? I do not mind at all paying the hazmat charge for shipping of the primers.

I understand this is a bad time to be trying to purchase anything to do with a firearm.

Last edited by jwc1080; 02-07-2013 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Wrong
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Re: Supply Shortage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwc1080 View Post
I understand this is a bad time to be trying to purchase anything to do with a firearm.
You bet it is; however, depending on the caliber, midsouthshooterssupply.com has Nosler brass in stock:
Search | Shooting Supplies | Reloading | MidsouthShootersSupply.com
They don't carry RWS.

Primers are currently out of stock, but are expected to be on-hand in two more days.
Gold Medal Magnum Large Rifle*Match Primer (1000 Count) | MidsouthShootersSupply.com

I live 5 minutes from the actual physical location of Mid-South Shooters, and they are an absolutely world class operation. Excellent folks, unbeatable prices and service.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Bronze Member

Thank you very much, I'll keep my eye on them. I'm reloading for a Sendero SF II .300WM. I just skim bedded the stock and can't wait to see what kind of accuracy I can get from handloads. 210 VLDs with either H-1000, RE-22, and IMR 7828 SSC. I have all three.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip4502 View Post
You bet it is; however, depending on the caliber, midsouthshooterssupply.com has Nosler brass in stock:
Search | Shooting Supplies | Reloading | MidsouthShootersSupply.com
They don't carry RWS.

Primers are currently out of stock, but are expected to be on-hand in two more days.
Gold Medal Magnum Large Rifle*Match Primer (1000 Count) | MidsouthShootersSupply.com

I live 5 minutes from the actual physical location of Mid-South Shooters, and they are an absolutely world class operation. Excellent folks, unbeatable prices and service.

Hope this helps.
That would/ could be VERY dangerous for me to live THAT close to Mid South Shooters Supply. I love that place, and yes, you are right, they are a class act to be sure. Every time I have ordered from them they are VERY courteous, and professional. There prices can't be beat. In my neck of the woods, 215 Gold Medal Match primers are nearly non existent. They were just starting to show up around here again, then this $&@@ happened. Unfortunately, I live in Masschusetts, and like NYC, MOST of the places can not ship components here. There are a few places that will, but they are also out as well. ( just cant win).
Take care,
Bob
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

I just got a case each of 210 and 215 for $30 each here. The 215 GM's were in stock for a couple of days, but they fly out quick so you need to be around the gun shops every few days.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
I just got a case each of 210 and 215 for $30 each here. The 215 GM's were in stock for a couple of days, but they fly out quick so you need to be around the gun shops every few days.
Where did you find those at? You can PM me.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

Keep an eye on all the supply houses. Midway will give you alerts when you sign up but I am guessing people have their SmartPhones all geared up for the notifications.

This is probably a good time for you to read, read, read. If you need book suggestions on reloading please start another thread.