Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

SUPERFORMANCE POWDER is SUPER in 260 REM.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: SUPERFORMANCE POWDER is SUPER in 260 REM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlamb View Post
Good call. The Creedmore has less velocity than the 260 but Hornady lists it "after" the 260 to give the impression that its better. I'll check it out. Thanks!
The only thing i can see that the Creedmore has on the .260 is a slightly longer neck to facilitate powder space. Other than that the .260 is hands down better in my opinion. Now, i guessed wrong on the velocity of the 120 gr. A-Max bullet. I was way off. Instead of the 2900+ i guessed,the chronograph proved me to be way off. I should have said 3100+ as this is what the speedometer was reading today. This is truely a SUPER Powder! One ragged hole that measures .250 and 3100+ FPS. is very good in my rifle. Bullet was seated .012 off. Win. 243 necked up,210/M Primer.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

Wow!! I may try that with 123 Lapua's in my 260.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Academy View Post
Wow!! I may try that with 123 Lapua's in my 260.
OK Capt. what i did was reference off the Creedmore and started in the middle of the data. when i reached 47.0 gr. that was the SUPER load for me. I saw no signs of pressure and the temp was warm as it is often in Louisiana. I have no idea as to what it will do in a much colder temp. I am a fair weather kind of guy and do not like the cold weather since i quit hunting a few years ago. I would venture a guess and say it will be just as good or better. I have not shot it at any other distance as i am limited to 100 yds. at the LDWF range that i shoot at and that is around 100+miles round trip. So you can see i don't get to shoot very often. I also think this powder will give remarkable velocity with the heavier bullets. I plan on trying them when i can. I hope you will discover that this powder is indeed SUPER as i did. Good Luck and good shooting. ..... SEMPER FI!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

Good info. I have a new can of Super I want to try this weekend. I got it originally for trial in my 204 but I want to give it a go in my 6.5- 284 for an optional powder. I need to try h 1000 too. Looking forward to actually finding the accuracy node of my 284 and see if I can get under .5MOA with it and higher speeds.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
Good info. I have a new can of Super I want to try this weekend. I got it originally for trial in my 204 but I want to give it a go in my 6.5- 284 for an optional powder. I need to try h 1000 too. Looking forward to actually finding the accuracy node of my 284 and see if I can get under .5MOA with it and higher speeds.
Hi Brent, it's been a while since i chatted with you. Do not know how well it will work in the 6.5x284 but it does work very well in my .260 with the 120 A-Max. I had to try it after so many were not for it. I would not go asking on this or any forum if you don't want a lot of advise on what you should use. You will see an awful lot of people pushing H-4350 or H-4831 for all bullets. You don't need to be told that they work fine as you already know. Just do as i did and find a cartridge to reference off of. Then tell about it in all the forums. Good luck with the Super Powder. I hope you get the results i did but don't be too disappointed if you find it does not fit the 6.5x284. How is your barrel holding up? How many rounds through it so far? Good Luck man was nice to hear from you again. ..... SEMPER FI!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
Yes, i encountered many who knocked it. I only wish i had tried it before the buy out started. i am unable to locate bullets and powder locally now. When i do,i will continue with the heavier bullets. I'm glad you got good results with the 300 and was sorry to hear about the 22-250 as i also have one. May have to re-think the 250. Anyway thats where it stands for now. I would like to hear from others and their experience with the SUPER POWDER! Good Luck and Happy Easter to you also. ..... SEMPER FI!
Powder valley has some 8 lb jugs if superformance incase you are looking for some.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Powder valley has some 8 lb jugs if superformance incase you are looking for some.
Thanks, i'll give them a call tomorrow as it is too late for today. ..... SEMPER FI!