Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Stupid reloading moments...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Re: Stupid reloading moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning View Post
Just wait till you stick a case in your sizing die. That will ruin a day real quick. Cause up intill you stick that first case you never had a reason to have a stuck case remover around. Then you have to go track one down. Unless you already have a tap, socket, and screw around.

The other one that I did twice was get a primer in upside down. That is just a little glitch though.

I tried a spray lube instead of Imperial, to save time, and had to track down a stuck case remover the next day.
My time saver cost me an extra 20 hours.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM

I reload with a progressive loader, and like to have a look in the case to besure that the powder is in, or up to the level- to do so, i drillled a small hole in the die base over the case, just before the bullet instal, and put an LED lite in it. now theres lite @" the end of the tunnel". i used all stuff on hand to do it. used a 35mm film canister to hold 2 AA bateries, a micro switch to control the lite, and it works great. the hole drilled in the cast base is so small no fear of base degradation. you could mount the lite otherwise on othe brands of loaders, but ya gotta have the lite pretty much down the case neck. lotta good stuf on the web, love to read, learn from it.. thanks jc

Last edited by gdc; 03-16-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc338mtb View Post
I tried a spray lube instead of Imperial, to save time, and had to track down a stuck case remover the next day.
My time saver cost me an extra 20 hours.
See my post
What did I do wrong? This sucks!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Platinum Member

After reading all these posts, I got so depressed, I took up ping pong. Course, I don't want the ball to hit me in the eye.

Just proves that almost all of us have screwed up something while reloading. We learn by our mistakes. Fortunately, most of them are corrected before injury results. Another caveat: When shooting multiple rifles at the range, be certain you are inserting the right ammo for the chamber.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
After reading all these posts, I got so depressed, I took up ping pong. Course, I don't want the ball to hit me in the eye.

Just proves that almost all of us have screwed up something while reloading. We learn by our mistakes. Fortunately, most of them are corrected before injury results. Another caveat: When shooting multiple rifles at the range, be certain you are inserting the right ammo for the chamber.
Ditto....I know of a case where a guy made a BDL out of an ADL Remington by firing a 7mm express round in a 7 mag....Rich