Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

storage of primers and powders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: storage of primers and powders

I keep my powder and primers in a old microwave that I put weather stripping on the door. Then put silica gel with them. Silica gel with ziplock bags works well to and is simple. Silica gel is a good investment it's fairly cheap and last for ever. When it turns pink you put it in the oven for 3 hrs til it dries out and turns blue.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA48 View Post
I keep my powder and primers in a old microwave that I put weather stripping on the door. Then put silica gel with them. Silica gel with ziplock bags works well to and is simple. Silica gel is a good investment it's fairly cheap and last for ever. When it turns pink you put it in the oven for 3 hrs til it dries out and turns blue.
they don't make a mico wave big enough for 8 lb containers....what happens if someone turns it on..lol Is a good idea though..
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Silver Member

It would be hard to turn on after I disconnected the power cord(didnt work Anyway) It's got 2 8lb jugs a few 1lb ers and a lot of primers. Old fridges work good too.