Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Stainless Tumbling Media... anyone use this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

Stainless Tumbling Media... anyone use this?

Has anyone used this Stainless Tumbling Media System that Jason Koplin wrote the review about? I have been looking at reviews and I would like to get some input from someone who has used the system for a while. If you have used it or if you know someone who has let me know what you think about it and if you like/dislike the system. Maybe a short list of pros and cons. I'm just trying to research the product before I decide to buy it.
**Supposedly they have the problem with the 6.5 mm brass fixed with the new Stainless Steel media that will be available in April.**

Thanks, BK

Old 03-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Stainless Tumbling Media... anyone use this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight755 View Post
Has anyone used this Stainless Tumbling Media System that Jason Koplin wrote the review about? I have been looking at reviews and I would like to get some input from someone who has used the system for a while. If you have used it or if you know someone who has let me know what you think about it and if you like/dislike the system. Maybe a short list of pros and cons. I'm just trying to research the product before I decide to buy it.
**Supposedly they have the problem with the 6.5 mm brass fixed with the new Stainless Steel media that will be available in April.**

Thanks, BK
If they have the problem worked out on the 260 with the stainless not getting hung up I will probably get some. There is a place in OKC that use's brass media that will work but same story, they are out of the media. I have seen theae work and the come out looking new in a couple hrs. inside and out including the primer and fire holes.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:28 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for the reply Geno. I got an email from them saying that they had the problem solved and that the new cleaning media (pins) would be available in April. I am leaning toward trying them out especially after they said if I got their product, used it and found out it wouldnt work for me they would make it right. I dont know if that meant they would refund my money or what but I think they will do the right thing...
Old 03-18-2011, 03:00 PM

The stainless tumbling media doesn't add up for me. The Thumler's Tumbler still has to use the Dawn and the Lemi Shine I use in my $59.00 Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner and at 3 times the cost. My match brass looks and finishes like new. I'll stay with the Ultrasonic thanks.

Bill
Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

Bill,

Does the ultrasonic get all the crud out of the inside of the case as well as the primer pocket and flash hole? Also how long do you have to leave them in the ultrasonic bath? If its just as good then I'm all about saving money (the more I can save the more I can spend on my rifle). Thanks for the reply, BK
Old 03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Bronze Member

I use an ultrasonic cleaner with good results, but I have a buddy that bought a rock tumbler and uses the SS media. His brass looks like its brand new after every cleaning. I was blown away by how clean and shiny it was inside and out.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

can you use a conventional tumbler and get this new SS media? or is it hard on things and you need a different tumbler? sorry for the beginner question but i know nothing about this SS media.