Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

sinclair ultimate case trimmer opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Bronze Member

sinclair ultimate case trimmer opinions

Fixing to order sinclair ultimate case trimmer. Would appreciate opinions from people who use them. just want to make sure before I order. Thanks Stan
Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Silver Member

Re: sinclair ultimate case trimmer opinions

I use it, love it and have never needed anything else. Got the accessory pad with nylon bump too. Works great. Hooked it up to a drill w/ optional attachment and I can speed through 50 cases in a breeze once the repetition is established. No variation in case length once set up. The micrometer took a bit of adjusting to zero it exactly, but once set it has been bulletproof. Solid system, solid company, you won't look back. Just make sure to order the right case holders (new vs. fired) and you are good to go.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Silver Member

Great setup, I have owned a bunch of case trimmers over the years because I was never really satisfied with how they worked. No more.

My advice is instead of buying all the case holders you might need, just gather up a couple of pieces of brass in the condition that you wold trim them (sized) and send them to Wilson to have custom case holders made. They turn them around quickly and they make a great trimmer work even more smoothly. Not terribly expensive either.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Silver Member

I love mine. I was worried when I bought it that it would take longer to trim cases than with my old RCBS but its only slightly more time, if any. Much squarer trim too!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhog View Post
Fixing to order sinclair ultimate case trimmer. Would appreciate opinions from people who use them. just want to make sure before I order. Thanks Stan
but a K&M and be done with it. Two Sinclairs were enough for me
gary
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Gold Member

I have one too! and it is one of the best investments I have ever made.
Mine has been used for the last five years and all my friends have me trim there brass
I have had to replace the cutter once, I must have trimed over 2000 cartridges. It will leave a small burr but you will realy get a lot of use from it.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Gold Member

I forgot to mention. run your brass through the press a few times before you start to trim.