Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

SIMPLE record keeping for load development

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Gold Member

SIMPLE record keeping for load development

Just curious on what you all do for record keeping when you develop loads. I currently place all my notes and targets in a file folder for each caliber but it seems messy to me. I am always able to retrace my steps and gather my info but I'm kind of looking to make it simpler I guess. Any one got a real simple and clean way to do it?

Thanks,

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: SIMPLE record keeping for load development

The best way is to do it on computer on a spread sheet.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Silver Member

I have a cheap notebook that I write all of the load specifics down in, including velocities from the manual, and actual if I have the chrony, then I cut the group out of the target paper and tape it on the page and leave space to write any other notes that I may have. I usually save paper from ladder tests too. I like to look at the group to see what the load did so I guess I am a visual learner.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Gold Member

I use 8-1/2 x 11" targets that have been pre 3 hole punched. After using target I record pertinent data right on the target.

Have a thick 3 ring binder that has divider sheets marked with different rifles/calibers. When I'm done at the range I just put them in the appropriate place for future review.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Silver Member

I just record everything in a exercise book and tape or glue in targets.
works fine for me and the 6-7guns I load for.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
I have a cheap notebook that I write all of the load specifics down in, including velocities from the manual, and actual if I have the chrony, then I cut the group out of the target paper and tape it on the page and leave space to write any other notes that I may have. I usually save paper from ladder tests too. I like to look at the group to see what the load did so I guess I am a visual learner.
I also like to see what my loads are doing which is why I keep all the targets---I like the idea of the 3 ring binder also. That sounds neat and tidy. Hopefully I can hit a paper that size........

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
This. I tape all of my targets in a cheap notebook along with all of the load data.