Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Sharing todays gun accident so others don't

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 PM
PUBLISHER

You guys are just sharing that to make me feel better about my forgotten stuff. I appreciate your sensitivity.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Sharing todays gun accident so others don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
Loaded up my semi custom 7mm wsm in the truck to take out some water fillet Rock Star cans at 300 yds.Placed all my target up down range ,drove back to firing line. Set my rest and shooting bags up in bed of my truck. Made sure muzzle cleared the bed of my truck . Opened up the bolt ,reached into my ammo bag and dang all the way to H!! I forgot the ammo ! Moral of the story is guys check your ammo bag twice !

can I get an AMEN!? The first time I took my father coyote hunting he forgot his ammo at home.... bummer, I put 5 in our lap in the first 30 mins on set! Go figure.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
Loaded up my semi custom 7mm wsm in the truck to take out some water fillet Rock Star cans at 300 yds.Placed all my target up down range ,drove back to firing line. Set my rest and shooting bags up in bed of my truck. Made sure muzzle cleared the bed of my truck . Opened up the bolt ,reached into my ammo bag and dang all the way to H!! I forgot the ammo ! Moral of the story is guys check your ammo bag twice !
I went to a rifle match one Saturday morning and in taking my gear to the firing line, I noticed I forgot my rifle. Had all the ammo needed then some.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member

Went to a match once and found after I arrived that I'd forgotten my shooting glasses. Still shot the match, just "used the force." Vision's highly over-rated anyway.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

I almost did that last Thursday morning. I was in a hurry to get the truck loaded up and meet a friend at the range to try some loads I worked up for his rifle. My wife was getting into her car going to work and ask me some questions and had me put some stuff in her car. I got into my truck and when I started to back out of the drive way looking through the rear view mirror I saw that my tail gate was still down. When I got out to close it I noticed that I had forgot my ammo can with all my ammo in it.