Numbers from 300 RUM w/ 26" tube from loads the past few years:
1. 200g Swift A-frame and 94.4g RE-25 - just under 3100--max I was comfortable with in this combo--loaded to fit stock magazine
2. 180g Nosler Accubond and 96.3g Retumbo - 3300fps - good load, very accurate in my rifle - bullet seated to lands - went to Wyatt's mag box
3. 200g Nosler Accubond and 109g US869 (temp sensitive) - 3200fps in colder temps - seated .010 from lands - quite accurate, but larger ES than I'd like
4. 240g SMK and 104 to 104.5 g US869 - 3000fps - seated to lands - quite accurate and quite possibly the best long range hammer for the Ultra with stock 1 in 10 twist barrel
These velocities are over an Oehler 33 at a local range. Same chrono that a world champ and still currently competing 1000yd Palma shooter uses, so I'm hoping they are accurate numbers. Sounds like one of your chronos might be a bit off?
Good luck finding your load.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia
- Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Last edited by jmden; 12-10-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Reason: more info