Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

Scale

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,904
Re: Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmalloy View Post
The rcbs chargemaster is worth every penny. Look on 6mmbr.com for a full review of these units.
You had better believe it is. I was having total fits using Varget with my RCNS drop tube....grains getting hung up and having to dump the drop and start again. Not so with the 3000. It dispenses quicker than I can charge the casings and grab the next.

Cant live without it now.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Re: Scale

I use a Chargemaster and finish each load with a Sartorious GD503 scale.

Now every load is to within +/- 1 kernal of powder.

I takes a bit longer but i wasn't happy with the "Dispensing Dispersion" of the RCBS. I doubt if the Pact would be any better than the RCBS.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,463
Re: Scale

Not trying to sound like a smart ass or implying anything but it would seem to me to be as easy using the old tried and true beam scale and dispensing (no pun intended) with the electronic charge dispenser altogether.

My idea for wanting one is quicker multiple charges of a same equalivent of powder like when I load .223's in bulk. A little drift is permissable. I'm sure not going to feel a bit of load drift, so long as I stay below the maximum charge for a particular caliber, which I do.

I would also think that no automated dispenser made could repeatedly dispence at a kernal graduation and candidly, I don't see how one kernal would make much difference in as much as primers themselves can vary and thats something a reloader can't control because primers are purchased or at least 99% are, bench rest primers not withstanding....

That one percent can scrape match heads all they want to.....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,904
Re: Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepardsonp View Post
I use a Chargemaster and finish each load with a Sartorious GD503 scale.

Now every load is to within +/- 1 kernal of powder.

I takes a bit longer but i wasn't happy with the "Dispensing Dispersion" of the RCBS. I doubt if the Pact would be any better than the RCBS.
And just what is plus or minus ONE KERNAL suppose to give you??? NADA..thats what.?????
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,904
Re: Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Not trying to sound like a smart ass or implying anything but it would seem to me to be as easy using the old tried and true beam scale and dispensing (no pun intended) with the electronic charge dispenser altogether.

My idea for wanting one is quicker multiple charges of a same equalivent of powder like when I load .223's in bulk. A little drift is permissable. I'm sure not going to feel a bit of load drift, so long as I stay below the maximum charge for a particular caliber, which I do.

I would also think that no automated dispenser made could repeatedly dispence at a kernal graduation and candidly, I don't see how one kernal would make much difference in as much as primers themselves can vary and thats something a reloader can't control because primers are purchased or at least 99% are, bench rest primers not withstanding....

That one percent can scrape match heads all they want to.....
They do trickle at 1 kernal intervals...and its interesting to watch it do that.
If you want FAST dumping; accurate dumping and a dammed good scale to boot....go with the 3000
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,463
Re: Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
They do trickle at 1 kernal intervals...and its interesting to watch it do that.
If you want FAST dumping; accurate dumping and a dammed good scale to boot....go with the 3000
I'll check it out at my favorite emporium tomorrow..... Cabelas.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 139
Re: Scale

The RCBS chargemaster is the best piece of reloading equipment I have.
Dead on accurate and easy to use.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Scale
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lee scale accuracy ? and SR2500 scale. Daveinjax Reloading 0 05-27-2012 09:07 PM
do i need a new scale? jcooper1389 Reloading 11 04-30-2012 12:08 PM
My scale is off a little, can i fix it? WEATHERBY460 Reloading 3 03-09-2011 05:44 PM
what powder scale to buy camoman80 Reloading 5 09-22-2009 09:04 AM
Need New Scale augustinaustin Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 2 10-24-2002 10:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC