Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Scale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmalloy View Post
The rcbs chargemaster is worth every penny. Look on 6mmbr.com for a full review of these units.
You had better believe it is. I was having total fits using Varget with my RCNS drop tube....grains getting hung up and having to dump the drop and start again. Not so with the 3000. It dispenses quicker than I can charge the casings and grab the next.

Cant live without it now.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Bronze Member

I use a Chargemaster and finish each load with a Sartorious GD503 scale.

Now every load is to within +/- 1 kernal of powder.

I takes a bit longer but i wasn't happy with the "Dispensing Dispersion" of the RCBS. I doubt if the Pact would be any better than the RCBS.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

Not trying to sound like a smart ass or implying anything but it would seem to me to be as easy using the old tried and true beam scale and dispensing (no pun intended) with the electronic charge dispenser altogether.

My idea for wanting one is quicker multiple charges of a same equalivent of powder like when I load .223's in bulk. A little drift is permissable. I'm sure not going to feel a bit of load drift, so long as I stay below the maximum charge for a particular caliber, which I do.

I would also think that no automated dispenser made could repeatedly dispence at a kernal graduation and candidly, I don't see how one kernal would make much difference in as much as primers themselves can vary and thats something a reloader can't control because primers are purchased or at least 99% are, bench rest primers not withstanding....

That one percent can scrape match heads all they want to.....
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepardsonp View Post
I use a Chargemaster and finish each load with a Sartorious GD503 scale.

Now every load is to within +/- 1 kernal of powder.

I takes a bit longer but i wasn't happy with the "Dispensing Dispersion" of the RCBS. I doubt if the Pact would be any better than the RCBS.
And just what is plus or minus ONE KERNAL suppose to give you??? NADA..thats what.?????
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Not trying to sound like a smart ass or implying anything but it would seem to me to be as easy using the old tried and true beam scale and dispensing (no pun intended) with the electronic charge dispenser altogether.

My idea for wanting one is quicker multiple charges of a same equalivent of powder like when I load .223's in bulk. A little drift is permissable. I'm sure not going to feel a bit of load drift, so long as I stay below the maximum charge for a particular caliber, which I do.

I would also think that no automated dispenser made could repeatedly dispence at a kernal graduation and candidly, I don't see how one kernal would make much difference in as much as primers themselves can vary and thats something a reloader can't control because primers are purchased or at least 99% are, bench rest primers not withstanding....

That one percent can scrape match heads all they want to.....
They do trickle at 1 kernal intervals...and its interesting to watch it do that.
If you want FAST dumping; accurate dumping and a dammed good scale to boot....go with the 3000
Old 09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
They do trickle at 1 kernal intervals...and its interesting to watch it do that.
If you want FAST dumping; accurate dumping and a dammed good scale to boot....go with the 3000
I'll check it out at my favorite emporium tomorrow..... Cabelas.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Silver Member

The RCBS chargemaster is the best piece of reloading equipment I have.
Dead on accurate and easy to use.