Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Same old crap, just another day.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Same old crap, just another day.

In the shoe/boot department, wear your old clapped out shoes in, try on a pair of new shoes or boots and walk out.. with the new ones. From what I've been told, they have minimal security and expect the sales associates to monitor fraud. The cost of shoplifting and merchandise damage is built into the retail price which is why everything costs more besides the greed of the owners."

***You sure didn't need to put that horse manure in your rant and if you condone that you're as bad or worse than the crook who would do that!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
I let my kids lick the fudge.
I doubt nothing. I always buy a sealed box (for my wife).....
Old 06-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
In the shoe/boot department, wear your old clapped out shoes in, try on a pair of new shoes or boots and walk out.. with the new ones. From what I've been told, they have minimal security and expect the sales associates to monitor fraud. The cost of shoplifting and merchandise damage is built into the retail price which is why everything costs more besides the greed of the owners."

***You sure didn't need to put that horse manure in your rant and if you condone that you're as bad or worse than the crook who would do that!
Not a rant at all. Just stating the facts. I don't believe in shoplifting or stealing or playing presto-chango with merchandise that don't belong to me.

I was brought up to respect other peoples property, sad fact that many people today don't give a shitte.

You need new shoes per chance??
Old 06-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Then why make that comment to suggest to others that it's a way they can steal easily from Cabelas, which is exactly what you did making that post?! No, wiseacre, I don't need any footware as I just bought a $200 pair of Danner Pronghorns at their new store in Grandville over here a few weeks ago!!! They may charge a little more for their stuff, but their no questions asked return policy is hard to beat. I also returned a pair of Irish Setters that were only six months old because the leather was splitting and the soles were already coming loose from the uppers. The lady at customer service brought my account up because I didn't have the receipt, found that I had purchased them when I told her, and then gave me a 100% refund on them.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
Then why make that comment to suggest to others that it's a way they can steal easily from Cabelas, which is exactly what you did making that post?!
He wasn't suggesting someone steal shoes. He was relaying what someone who works there had told him happens.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Gold Member

Sir what are you looking for? Let me know what you need and ill check here at a local shop that seems to be getting a large selection of component back in stock.

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Bronze Member

Find reputable on-line businesses that allow back orders, and aren't price gouging. Place your order and wait. It took me about a month, but I was able to get a good supply of powder and some bullets. I got product from 3rd Generation, Powder Valley, and Cabelas. Cabelas has powder on-line, even though the store shelves are empty but it is pricey. Larger powder/primer orders lessen the HazMat fee. I'm starting to see a few primers locally, so hopefully supply is catching up on these. Lesson learned, in the future I'll keep enough supplies on hand to weather the next run on product. Good Luck