Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Is the rumor true... I hope not!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

Is the rumor true... I hope not!

Hey, Just wonderin if anybody else has hered the smae rumor, or can confirm or deny that
"Federal is considering ''giving up'' manufacturing primers for handloaders, to concentrate on millitary contracts''.
This was the nasty little rumor I hered at Wholesale Sports (formerly known as Sportsmans Warehouse) I normally wouldnt bat an eye to the rumors, but That store chain sure has taken a turn for the worse since Stu Utguard sold it. Everytime Ive gone into a Wholesale Sports in the last 2 years thier shelves are basically BARE, and its a never ending wadd of excuses as to why. This one was the final straw tho. Are they spreading rumors just to have another excuse for not having what anybody is looking for or is there some truth to it?
I used to build Sportsmans Warehouses all over the western U.S. and I can say that before Sportsmans was baught out by wholesalesports They were THE PLACE TO GO especially if Cabellas or Bass Pro werent in your neighborhood. Now that Wholesale Sports took over the majority thier shelves are BARE, and its one excuse after another as to why.
So, IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS RUMOR CONCERNING FEDERAL PRIMERS OR NOT?????

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Is the rumor true... I hope not!

Well that's certainly not going to help with hoarding!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

I guess if it were true it wouldnt change much in my life.....I havent even seen a federal rifle primer in about 2 years. Pretty much just been blasting away with CCI.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Gold Member

i sure hope not. I was able to get a box about 2 months ago. First box i had seen in over 2 years. I really really hope its not ture
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

I talked to a reputable shooting/sporting goods store here in Central Orregon today, and they said its a bunch of nonsense. Im very glad. They have had Fed 215mag and 210's ordered since March I think. But the good news is that Federal is saying they are severely back-ordered, and youll get em as soon as theyre available. Nobody at this store has hered even an incling of the rumor.
I say great! lets put this one to bed for good! This is the reason I asked here. I figured if there was any truth to it someone here would know.
SHOT DOWN AND PUT TO BED FOR GOOD I hope.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 08-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
I talked to a reputable shooting/sporting goods store here in Central Orregon today, and they said its a bunch of nonsense. Im very glad. They have had Fed 215mag and 210's ordered since March I think. But the good news is that Federal is saying they are severely back-ordered, and youll get em as soon as theyre available. Nobody at this store has hered even an incling of the rumor.
I say great! lets put this one to bed for good! This is the reason I asked here. I figured if there was any truth to it someone here would know.
Thats very good to hear. Thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Winmag, I have a dealers license and i buy form 3 different popular places. I cannot get the Federal primers either. I will make a call and ask a good friend that works were I buy from . if theirs any truth to it he will have herd it.

I have a SW in my area and the shelves are loaded with bullets, brass, and powder. Some primers CCI BR even but no Federal Gold M 215 wich is what I'm after I know SW has alot of pull because they are getting things that I can't get I can buy as a dealer at Graf & sons & midway (midways dealer program is a JOKE) but when SW can get stuff and the two that I've mentioned cannot that leaves me to believe that they have pull somewere.

Bigbuck