Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Rockchucker to Redding T-7.Can you use rcbs dies in a redding t-7?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Bronze Member

Rockchucker to Redding T-7.Can you use rcbs dies in a redding t-7?

I have a rcbs rockchucker with rcbs dies. Thinking of upgrading to a turret and wonder if the rcbs dies/shell holder will work in a redding T-7. Another question on the T-7, does the powder charger work well?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Rockchucker to Redding T-7.Can you use rcbs dies in a redding t-7?

"Rockchucker to Redding T-7.Can you use rcbs dies in a redding t-7? "

They will fit fine but that big turret may break off in shame.

There is no "powder charger" on a T-7 unless you put one there. Many of us feel mounting a measure on a non-progressive press is perhaps the worst possible place to put it - the vibration of the turret can't be controlled so the dropped weights will vary more than normal and it's just plain awkward/clumsy to charge precision loads on a press of any kind.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks. Good info.

I currently have a RCBS Rockchuncker. Would I be better off getting a separate powder charger for it or a turret/progressive type with a powder charger? I plan on doing more reloading in the future and weighing each pan of powder is very slow.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Yes, you can use your dies in either press. I currently have, and use both presses almost every day. I primarily use the Rockchucker to decap spent primers & to pull bullets with an RCBS bullet puller. The T-7 is used for all my re-sizing, forming, and bullet seating. I don't know how I got along reloading before I got my Redding T-7 press. My own personal feelings are that a powder measure doesn't belong on the T-7, mount it somewhere else (bench).
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Silver Member

I use my Rock Chucker for Rifle Reloading and the Redding T7 for pistol reloading. I reload 2 calibers on the T7 and does not remove the 3 dies sets of each caliber. I use the 7th hole for a universal decapper. I do powder charge as a seperate activity. Had some problems with a wabble on the turret. The unit was brand new. Contacted Redding and they advised me to work down size the bushing on a 400 wet sand paper in 8-movements. Worked excellent. No more play on turret. Excellent quality.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeMontanan View Post
I don't know how I got along reloading before I got my Redding T-7 press.
I agree they are an awesome press and my precision loads have never been more consistent or truer. I liked the T-7 so much I had to buy a second one, and a few spare heads as well

Jeff

Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

This is an older thread, but coincidentally has to do with exactly the press I just bought..

Question for Broz, since I see he's obviously had his turrets off regularily* ...mine seems to be missing the detent ball and spring, that go underneath the turret, must have never been installed from factory I assume. I left a message with Redding to see whether I can get those small parts sent to me (so I can replace them and start using this thing) ...anyhow, I was curious whether you could possibly snap a photo of what they're supposed to look like (installed in-there) ? Would help give a guy an idea "in-which order" to sit 'em in-there once I have them* There is zero for parts or assembly pictures included and no manual aside from the parts card. A few pics would be greatly aprreciated if you wouldn't mind..?

Judging by the way the turret spins 'round & 'round, freely without effort.. I know something is missing. It's got to be the ball and spring that are supposed to stop it at each position*