Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Rl 22 and the 6.5 wsm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Re: Rl 22 and the 6.5 wsm

I use h-1000 and 140 amax or 142 SMKs ans 140 hvlds in my various 6.5wsms but 66 of rl 22 sounds really high do not try those without building up from a lower base first!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: Rl 22 and the 6.5 wsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HntWhtTail View Post
So hit the range the other day and it was definitely
not 66 grains, I dont think the temperature being in the low 70's vs 50 last year could have changed it this much. very sticky bolt handle and primer flow into firing pin hole accurate but not safe..Start over think Ill try 60 and work up magnetto speed should be here monday cant wait I highly recommend the lrh store only place I could find one shipped right away.
Sorry guess my last reply was a bit late but guys if you are not sure about a load (especially a wildcat that does not have much info out on it) don't just go out and test it hoping for the best. Start low and build up slowly looking for pressure unless you don't really like your eyes or fingers etc... Just my 2 cents but also fairly obvious but I felt based on the above that it should be reiterated for any new shooters/reloaders who may be reading this thinking that the cross your fingers and hope is a good way to see if your recolation of a load from last year is good. This holds true for any load especially one from a person verbally or over the Internet. Check your sources make sure you see a consistent pattern.