Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Richards B.C

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Richards B.C

I am putting together my 6.5mm Allen Mag test rifle, actually it is my wifes 1000 yard chuck rifle to be honest but it will also be my test platform for this wildcat. Anyway, as of yet I do not have alot of solid test data on the Wildcat 6.5mm bullets but it will be coming soon and I will post the results for you.

I think two chronos are one of the best ways to get a true BC. Only problem is that it tells you the BC over the distance between the chronographs.

100 yards is easy to do, 200 yards not to bad, 300 yards starts to get guys spooked pretty good and I know very few guys that will put their spendy chronographs up at 400 and 500 yard and try to shoot through the screens. In all honestly it can be done with the rifles and shooters on this board but its a mental thing!!! What if!

Then for true long range BC figuring this is simply not practical. THis is why I use bullet drop to figure BC. Gravity is consistant no matter where you are, at least consistant enough to give you accurate data and when setting up the testing criteria you can get pretty good data and its very practical to do so.

Collecting trajectory data from 100 yards, 300 yards, 500 yards and 800 yards will give you an extreme quality model of your trajectory that can then be applied to a ballistics program to fill in the holes so to speak.

Good SHooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Big Foot,

I have shot several of these bullet weights accuracy testing customers rifles but don;t have alot of BC data on them.

I can tell you the 300 gr ULD RBBT "hunting" bullet has a BC in the .800-.810 range here at 3000 ft when driven from 2950 to 3050 fps.

Sorry, not much help on the rest of them.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Gold Member

thanks kirby. any specific program you use for those bc calc?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Gold Member

thanks kirby. any specific program you use for those bc calc?

By the way, congrats. on your cartridge family. you did not invent the allen keys also, did you ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Been playing with Load From A Disk lately. Pretty decent program but I think I will be getting Exbal on a handheld soon.

Good shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com