Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Remington 40X trigger.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Gold Member

Remington 40X trigger.

What makes the 40X trigger so great? I have stock Remington triggers that I have taken apart Re-built with wet emery cloth and they are out of sight, not a bit of creep.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Remington 40X trigger.

They're great triggers. That's all there is to it.

The new X-Mark Pro triggers suck, so if you want a better trigger, but want a factory trigger, get a 40-X trigger.

After owning mostly older 700's with worked factory & 40-X triggers, the newer Rems with the X-Mark Pro triggers will immediately get removed and replaced by 40-X triggers or the old style before the X-Mark Pro came along.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

My old 40XB has a 2 oz trigger, it was designed to be a target trigger, 700 triggers were not.

"Mike" Walker designed the 700 trigger to be an excellant big game hunting trigger that could be made at modest cost and he suceeded. Mike was a friend of mine and he said anyone trying to remove all creep and backlash or reducing the pull of his trigger to below 4# is asking for trouble; I believe him.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Gold Member

The biggest difference between the old style Remington triggers, that were adjustable, was that you could adjust the pull weight the 40X trigger without removing it from the stock. The weight adjustment screw was in front of the trigger inside the trigger guard.

If you are going to adjust any trigger, you should know what you are doing and test the trigger throughly before putting a round in the chamber.