Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Rem Mag / RL33 / 180 Bergers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Rem Mag / RL33 / 180 Bergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bass16 View Post
I agree. It might work well with the ultra heavy bullets, but for the 180s, I'm not seeing anything "outstanding".
I still need to do a drop test out to 1000 or 1200 to confirm everything, but it looks like I'm somewhere between 3020 and 3050 right now with a 25" barrel...and I'll accept that.

I agree that you will probably see better results with heavies. How are you sitting, pressure wise, at your current velocity?

t

Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: Rem Mag / RL33 / 180 Bergers

I can feel a faint crater on the primers with my finger nail...but I could feel it at the very bottom of the ladder test as well, so I don't believe it's anything to be concerned about.
Primers aren't flat, no excessive case expansion, no sticky bolt and I can still chamber all my spent brass as if it were bran new.

I'm not sure where else to look for pressure.