Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading scale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading scale

Must be the water or something....

Lets all be nice and act-post on here like adults. I know Sully and I are both adults and old farts.

I also know Sully likes his electronic scales and I like the balance beam.

Everyone has a preference. If they didn't, we'd all be shooting Marlin Lever guns, driving Toyota's and voting Democrat.

We aren't because we have preferences.

I've never gotten anal about powder weights in fractions of grains. I typically hunt whitetail so accuracy to me is anywhere in the kill zone which is about 12-14 inches vertically on a mature buck or doe and long range in my part of the country is 300 yards maximum., usually, much closer.

I can't comment on accuracy versus cost on scales because one, I don't know and two, I'm not interfested except to say that watever it is, it needs to work correctly, first time, everytime and I believe a fair assumption to make is.... The smaller the weighing capability and repeatability of any scale is, the more it initially cost.

I'd love to have a bolt action bazooka but in reality my 308 does just fine for my hunting/freezer needs. We actually have enough deer around here that hunting with a ball-pien hammer would work too.

Guess what I'm saying in a round about manner is lets post constructively and informatively. I', for one like an informative discussion devoid of fantasy and pie-in-the-sky claims, not that I can deferentiate between fact and fiction because I can't.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

Sitting back enjoying my viewing on this forum, computer fight
Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned

You want top accuracy, switch to a jewell trigger in 2 oz.. Even with **** loads, i ve tighten them drastically
Old 10-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2live View Post
You want top accuracy, switch to a jewell trigger in 2 oz.. Even with **** loads, i ve tighten them drastically
Just patently curious......

WTH does a Jewell Trigger have to do with a reloading scale????????
Old 10-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvon View Post
I also check bearing surface on bullets and sort to .001 in , I trim meplats and repoint to increase ballistic coefficient. I weigh and sort cases to 1 grain then check h2o volume. I turn case necks to within .005 for consistent neck tension, then uniform primer pockets, flash holes and chamber outside and VLD champ her inside. No single item will make a visible diff in performance but all tolerances stacked certainly show on the target and the chronograph.
JVON,

No dispute from me on that. I am a firm believer that all of the little things add up. I think what started the "dispute" was the assertion that 0.002gr (I know, I know, extra "0" but was stated 2x which led to the responses) will lead to an obvious POI change at 1K yds. Especially in the context of the OP, where he is talking about "fliers" at an unspecified range.

I'm sure Boomtube's "nonsense" response got your hackles up, but no need to come back with a personal blast. In context, he was correct if not blunt. All in all I'll bet we all agree on more than we don't..... And disputing the relevance of a powder charge variation is not "a reason to go" in my neck of the woods....
Old 10-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Just patently curious......

WTH does a Jewell Trigger have to do with a reloading scale????????
Its called keep the forum going with an option to accurately acquiring total accuracy
Old 10-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvon View Post
.. By the way Sully , don't much care what you think! JVON

Thank the Lord. Means we will stay apart and Im glad cause Ive been forced to be elbow to elbow with nut cases before and didnt care for it.

Im amazed Dr Frankenstein how you pulled yourself out of your "lab roy atory" to bequeath your knowledge upon us mortals; you must be waiting on a lightening bolt to strike....

You can fool some of the people with your trick words of various brands of mega dollar scales but you dont impress me even 1 iota.....because Ive heard and read bullshit before!