Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading Press Poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading Press Poll

I started using the Redding T-7 Turret press about 4 yrs ago. Liked it so well I now own two. This press combined with the Redding Comp dies allow me to produce the best precision ammo I ever have in my 30 + yrs of hand loading. I really like the fact I never have to re-set up a die. They are always there ready to go and always at the same depth as last time. I have a few extra heads that alow me to load for several clibers and never remove a die. I really like this press and I get a TIR average of less than .001" plus my shoulder bump is always the same too.

Jeff
Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Gold Member

I have two RCBS single stage presses for rifle cases and one Hornady L-N-L progressive for pistol cases.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Silver Member

i use a forster co-ax single stage. i like the ability to change the dies out quickly.

I have yet to check the run out on the rounds. but they group consistently.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

I use a Forster 90% of the time, and have a small RCBS Partner sitting right beside it. At the range I use a small K&M arbor press with Wilson dies. I have no problems with any of these presses, and each has advantages over the others.
gary
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member

I would be inclined to try a redding If I bought another because I love redding, however my rockchucker IV has been a great press, I can honestly say I see no room for improvement in the repeatability aspect. A turret might be nice but I will probably never replace this one.

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kherter View Post
I am wondering what the most popular press is for loading precision rifle ammo. If you wouldn't mind sharing what you use and what you like and dislike about it?

Thanks in advance!!
You mean there are other precision reloading presses besides the Forester Coax?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Bronze Member

I also have a RCBS Rockchucker that we have used since my father bought it sometime in the '70's. I noticed a potential problem comming with it though, we are going to start reloading 7mm Rem Mag with Burger VLD's and Redding type S match dies (the ones with the sliding sleaves). Needless to say space is going to be a bit of an issue, you can make it work but it will definatally slow things down.

I was considering a Redding T7 turret press for the simple fact that I can put multiple dies in and leave them there and easily switch between sizers, seaters and other calibers. It should I believe have more room for the longer magnum calibers as well. It is good to see that others have used them and are very satisfied with there performance. Should be nice to reload pistol ammo when I decide to start with that too, although a good progressive press would be the shisnit for that.

Thanks for the replies.