Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

which reloading press?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Silver Member

Re: which reloading press?

Rcbs chargemaster is a powder measure, it just makes loading very easy as it has an automatic setting that allows the powder to start flowing as soon as you replace the empty dish.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Silver Member

I had a Forster at one time. Nice press but got tired of pinching my fingers trying to seat a bullet in a 300 Win Mag case. I like seat dies with micrometer adjusts and they didn't fit in the Forster. I got a Redding Ultramag and favor it over any other press.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Bronze Member

The current model of Co-Ax press has a longer handle yoke, and will clear practically any 7/8-14 die, even micrometer. For cases longer than standard magnum length, it does get a little tight seating a bullet, and the UltraMag is good for that.

The co-ax and UltraMag are both excellent presses. I like the features and design of my co-ax though, from the floating, snap-in/out die retention, automatic shell holder jaws, and flawless spent primer handling, to the over-the-top, down-the-middle handle motion.

Andy
Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

I use the hornady lock n load single stage press and I love it. It uses a bushing system for the dies, so when you get your dies set like you want them, just remove the bushing with the die intact and put in another die in its own bushing and you are ready to go, no more adjusting.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Bronze Member

+1 for the Forster co-axial. Love mine . It is great to use and produces very concentric rounds
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
I had a Forster at one time. Nice press but got tired of pinching my fingers trying to seat a bullet in a 300 Win Mag case. I like seat dies with micrometer adjusts and they didn't fit in the Forster. I got a Redding Ultramag and favor it over any other press.
Definitely there is more room in the Redding Ultramag.

I'm a big guy with big hands, I have, for many years, reloaded for the 300 RUM using 210 Berger bullets and presently I'm reloading for the 338-300 RUM using 300 grains SMK and no finger pinching as of yet. Largest COAL I've done is 3.800".

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJakeJ1s View Post
The current model of Co-Ax press has a longer handle yoke, and will clear practically any 7/8-14 die, even micrometer. For cases longer than standard magnum length, it does get a little tight seating a bullet, and the UltraMag is good for that.

The co-ax and UltraMag are both excellent presses. I like the features and design of my co-ax though, from the floating, snap-in/out die retention, automatic shell holder jaws, and flawless spent primer handling, to the over-the-top, down-the-middle handle motion.

Andy

Ditto. I load .338-300 with 300 gr SMK's with the newer style Forster press with no problems. I have the UltraMag press but no room on the bench for it so I have to bolt it on when I want to use it. I originally bought it to neck up .300 RUM brass but the Forster does a good job on that do until I redo my reloading room I'll just use the Forster.