Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading for others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading for others

5 to 10 rounds of something special ( loadwise) for my friend that lives next door....yeah Id do that. A round of a few hundred...nope...not for him or anyone
Old 01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Bronze Member

I mean just for the work
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Silver Member

,.,.,. Nope Sir, I wouldn't do it ...

Lever.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member

I don't currently do it but I have a lot in the past. Mostly for friends and people that I know. These all wanted good, accurate loads for their rifle to hunt with.
My stipulations, they buy the powder, bullets, primers and supply the cases and give me their rifle to develp the load in. I cleaned the rifle like it was my own, with my supplies. They usually shot me a few bucks or left the remainder of the supplies with me.
It was a win-win situation for me. I love to shoot and I love to reload. JohnnyK.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlhofer View Post
would anyone consider reloading for someone else
I only reload for one other person he's my varmint partner been doing that for years. I started when I was roping down his place. He taken me few times on some of the ranches he knew and he was shooting some factory ammo so I told let take your rifle get some loads worked. He wanted to pay me for them and I told Dick you don't charge me to rope your cattle or help with the feed or split cost on the cattle.

I quit roping few year back we still have same deal and Dick tried to pay me and I told we use your ranch truck/gas you won't let me at least buy that and I got to fight like hell with you over
buying you lunch or breakfast.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Bronze Member

johnnyk, you sound like a damn good guy! I like men like you!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM H View Post
I only reload for one other person he's my varmint partner been doing that for years. I started when I was roping down his place. He taken me few times on some of the ranches he knew and he was shooting some factory ammo so I told let take your rifle get some loads worked. He wanted to pay me for them and I told Dick you don't charge me to rope your cattle or help with the feed or split cost on the cattle.

I quit roping few year back we still have same deal and Dick tried to pay me and I told we use your ranch truck/gas you won't let me at least buy that and I got to fight like hell with you over
buying you lunch or breakfast.

Roping....that is something I would love to get into

Reloading, expecting my RCBS kit to arrive thursday, new to reloading so for now me only down the line probably just for my guns & my sister if she gets a handgun