Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading Materials Suggestions list

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Re: Reloading Materials Suggestions list

Off the top of my head , you need a powder trickler , hornady lnl bullet comparator set , hornady lnl O.A.L. gauge , dial calipers (Mitutoyo), flash hole deburring tool , primer pocket uniformer , a vld chamfer tool , case length trimmer ( wilson) . If your kit comes with the 505 scale and it's made in mexico you may need a new scale too. The powder trickler can be a cheapo and a Lyman case prep kit will do fine as long as it has a vld reamer and the flash hole tool in it. If you can't or won't spring for the wilson then get a lee trimmer and save for the wilson. And I forgot , a case tumbler and media.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Silver Member

Guys,

Thanks so much for the advice, and suggested items needed to get started...
I will make a list of these and search the net for best prices..and get started..
Guess the wife will have to wait on her new appliances...

Mighty man
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Bronze Member

Mighty man,
One other thing you may want is a concentricity gauge. They can show ou runout and the one from Hornady lets you straighten the loaded round. Good luck on you're new adventure in the wonderful world of reloading.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Silver Member

Don't do the hornady neck bending gauge. Don't do the camlock trimmer either. Both are terrible pieces of equipment ! I could go into a long winded reason about both but I will keep it short . One bends necks instead of you acually fixing the problem and introduces a whole new set of problems and the trimmer doesn't actually trim to over all case lenght but to top of rim to top of case. Both are horrendously bad designs.